Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Officers Overcoat

Article about: Hello, I recently got this coat from a Woman's Consignment store. They were told by the previous owner that is was a 1950's Sergeants coat (they wouldn't have a clue). It looks way too new a

?

Default Officers Overcoat

Hello,

I recently got this coat from a Woman's Consignment store. They were told by the previous owner that is was a 1950's Sergeants coat (they wouldn't have a clue). It looks way too new and in too good of shape to me to be from the 1950's. The previous owner had the coat tailored so I got it AS IS. I could not find any kind of military stamp, only a tag in the inner pocket.

The coat has 6 large buttons down each side on the front with 4 small buttons down the opening on the back of the coat. The large buttons have 84 stamped on the back and the small ones have 83. The outside front pockets are straight, with flaps.

After searching on Google, I found that the rank on the shoulder boards is that of a Lieutenant Colonel with what I think are Infantry collar tabs. The one thing that I couldn't find, after hours and hours of searching, was the color combination of the shoulder tabs. I bought it mainly for fashion and it really doesn't matter what era, rank or branch of military this coat is from. Ever since I went there in 1988, I have always wanted one.

If anyone can tell me anything about it it would be greatly appreciated!! I am most curious about the shoulder boards though!
    Thanks in advance!!
    Dani

Officers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers OvercoatOfficers Overcoat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officers Overcoat
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Soviet Overcoat

The last 2 photos are without flash and then with flash.

Default Re: Officers Overcoat

This is a lieutenant colonel of infantry greatcoat, in the button the number 84 states the year of manufacture for the the button so your great coat dates from the mid to late 1980s the shoulder boards are the typical for the era and for this type of item!

?

Default Re: Officers Overcoat

Thanks! I was mainly wondering about the shoulder boards as I couldn't find that color combination anywhere.