Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on M43 gym. Post war?

Article about: Is this a war time production? Thank you. Buttons are lend-lease.

Many thanks for your reply.

I just did not like the shoulder boards.

I've already stated as to why and because of that, I would personally not consider them to be part of my collection.

However, as it is perpetually the usual case with me, this is only my opinion - as and am, no expert am I.

Regards,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on M43 gym. Post war?
    P
    Many

Illegion: You need to ask questions first - BEFORE you commit to buy.

Let this be a lesson to you...

Quote by maxavia View Post
    So why do you think that this tunic is a copy?
    I think the basic tunic is an original unworn lend-lease shirt found in one of the many depots with uniforms and field gear which were never been handed out. The wear on the shirt, in my opinion, was created recently to give the shirt a worn look. Nothing here shows convincing signs of actually being worn. Artificially aged to give it a worn look, thus messed with, in my humble opinion.

But feel free to add more clear pics and I willingly admit I am completely wrong if these new and better pics convince me.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I think the basic tunic is an original unworn lend-lease shirt found in one of the many depots with uniforms and field gear which were never been handed out. The wear on the shirt, in my opinion, was created recently to give the shirt a worn look. Nothing here shows convincing signs of actually being worn. Artificially aged to give it a worn look, thus messed with, in my humble opinion.

But feel free to add more clear pics and I willingly admit I am completely wrong if these new and better pics convince me.
    Hello Marcel! Sorry for long answer. Now i will add some extra pics
    I make a screenshot from a hanging book - Air Force Uniform book-2. The picture clearly shows the ornament of the shoulder boards. Regarding the reverse part, there is no clear rule on straps, they can also be from another material.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on M43 gym. Post war?   Opinions on M43 gym. Post war?  

Opinions on M43 gym. Post war?  

About tunics. I can not say that this can be faked artificially. Look at the lining and thread, the traces of the orders, too. Wool badly burns from the sun, not like cotton, so it may seem that it is in good condition, but it is not. In addition, holes from moths. By the way, Lend lease material and unic from there, physically could not be stuck in the warehouse, it very quickly finished. This item from original owner family
    I will add more pics if you want.

Quote by maxavia View Post
    Hello Marcel! Sorry for long answer. Now i will add some extra pics
    I make a screenshot from a hanging book - Air Force Uniform book-2. The picture clearly shows the ornament of the shoulder boards. Regarding the reverse part, there is no clear rule on straps, they can also be from another material.

I withdraw my negative opinion concerning these shoulder-boards.

The clearer photos certainly changed it.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Richie

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I withdraw my negative opinion concerning these shoulder-boards.

The clearer photos certainly changed it.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Richie
    in a dispute, the truth is known!
    thanks
    regards

These new pics changed my opinion and it looks to be an original shirt. If such good pics would be used from the beginning than no doubts would've risen

Guys, I'm sorry. I'm a beginner photographer, but I'm constantly improving

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2