Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PKKA uniforms and gear.

Article about: Hi. Had to photograph few items today so I laid out some more stuff that I have as in different setup groups. All are war time pieces. First is a M 43 gym set. Gym is mint and was found with

?

Default PKKA uniforms and gear.

Hi.

Had to photograph few items today so I laid out some more stuff that I have as in different setup groups. All are war time pieces.
    First is a M 43 gym set.
    Gym is mint and was found with the trousers. Belonged to Estonian Rifle Corps officer. Tunic has handmade buttonholes. I just placed the boards on it. Shoulder boards are named and belonged to an Estonian. Tunic does not have buttons for boards. Has loops only. Buttons are really simple tin ones. Have not seen this type before. Tunic has stamps but cannot read any date out of it. Trousers have no stamps at all.
    Some other stuff that is dated:
    Ushanka 1940.
    Drum pouch is 1941
    Ankle boots are 1941
    Map case is 1941
    F1 pouch 1943
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PKKA uniforms and gear.   PKKA uniforms and gear.  

PKKA uniforms and gear.   PKKA uniforms and gear.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PKKA uniforms and gear.
    P
    Many

?

Another set.
    Items that are clearly dated:
    Gym 1942
    Trousers 1943
    Messkit 1941
    Water bottle 1941
    Gas mask bag 1938
    Plash palatka 1943.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PKKA uniforms and gear.   PKKA uniforms and gear.  

?

My last acquired tunic. Pilotka is named to an Estonian and made by a company tailor when Estonian Rifle Corps were fighting in Kurland. Trousers are tailor made from overcoat.
    Clearly dated items are:
    Vesh-meshok 1944. Named Estonian.
    Lend-lease Canadian gas mask bag 1942.
    Canteen 1941
    Shovel 1944.

Very nice and its extremely interesting to see items that belonged to Estonian soldiers in the RKKA!

Dom
    ?

Quote by kass View Post
    Shoulder boards are named and belonged to an Estonian.
    Numbers correspond to which unit ?

Thanks

?

Aleksander P. Yes, indeed named items that belonged to Estonians are hard to come by.
    Dom, its 373 Гвардия- a 373 Guards Rifle unit that was a subunit of the 8th Estonian Rifle Corps.
    And the M38 rucksack belonged to an Estonian.
    On the green wool pilotka and vesh-meshok, the owners names are written on as well.

Rare and very impressive items, thanks for showing them.

Very good!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dom
    ?

Thanks Kaspar

?

Cheers guys.
    Talking about rare. Another field is items made during the Soviet occupation in 1940-41 in Estonia.
    Here's a tunic and trousers that belonged to A. Pikkal (name tags are in both pieces). He served in Pioneer Battalion and when Soviets took over it was then engineer unit. Collar tabs are originally sewn.
    Rucksack is made in 1941. A bit simplified design of the Estonian Army rucksack. Messkit is marked Arsenal 1941. As far as I know this style was not used by Estonian Army. As well as the canteen. It is marked Tav (Tartu aluminium factory) 40. There is not much info concerning weather some items were used by Estonian Army or not. These two are one of them. They are either last design for Estonian Army or manufacture of these started during the occupation.
    Black pig skin ankle boots pictured in the first lot are also Estonian make but totally soviet style. The company is marked inside "Kommunaar". An ex. "Union" shoe factory that was nationalized somewhere in the 1940. It has gost 41 markings inside. Lot of companies started to produce for the Red Army back then.

PKKA uniforms and gear.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast