Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Portyanki

Article about: Why Russian soldiers are finally replacing foot wraps with socks | World news | The Guardian Will Russian troops miss portyanki or let out a sigh of relief?....

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Well I do wear the original pattern underwear too at events.........
    I want to say 'pics or it didnt happen,' but I would then 'bare' myself to innuendo from Ned.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Portyanki
    P
    Many

Quote by Scout View Post
    I want to say 'pics or it didnt happen,' but I would then 'bare' myself to innuendo from Ned.....
    I'd be tempted to say the same!...

White Long John's are worn underneath, white long sleeved undershirt seen here. That is as good as it gets Sitting sewing in a new collar liner into my Gym.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Portyanki  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    White Long John's are worn underneath, white long sleeved undershirt seen here. That is as good as it gets Sitting sewing in a new collar liner into my Gym.
    What a let down!....

There's some big changes in the Russian military. As well as socks, they'll soon be getting hot showers.
    I suppose the foot wraps have served well. They were often used as emergency bandages in WW2. The women were originally issued with men's boots that were too big for them, so I guess they might have been able to take up the slack a bit with extra foot wraps.
    I think I'll stick to socks.

Cheers, Willie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2