Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Rank pips : How to recognize originals

Article about: Here I will make a small tutorial about them. First about the fake pips. They are made in well known type only. Originals in that shape must be magnetic: steel covered with fat layer of bras

?

Default Re: Rank pips : How to recognize originals

Old Lenfilm studio made pips, easy to recognize, unfortunately I have not in red, even rare than original
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rank pips : How to recognize originals   Rank pips : How to recognize originals  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rank pips : How to recognize originals
    P
    Many

?

Comparision of early pips with late type. At the right side is late type, which is faked, and pointed with nr 1 is fake.
    Early pips is mostly brass made, infrequent examples is steel or tin. Most of them is painted with transparent red lacque
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rank pips : How to recognize originals  
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Another close up comparision:
    3 and 2 original steel late type examples, and 1 is fake
    Others is early
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rank pips : How to recognize originals  
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Again , marked 1 is fake
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Here is original early examples, mixed, mostly brass, but a couple of them is tin, and one of them is steel. All painted
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Early enameled
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

And the early type reverse
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Note. Here is original examples, one is the brass ( right), which can be recognized as a fake, but a little bit bigger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rank pips : How to recognize originals   Rank pips : How to recognize originals  

Regards,
    Dimas

?

Field, the square one is in pre war quality and just a painted, captains "Shpala" is war time period made and is a tin made

Rank pips : How to recognize originals  
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Old Lenfilm studio made pips, easy to recognize, unfortunately I have not in red, even rare than original
    Dim!

I will gladly send to you my duplicate examples of these:

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast