Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian/Soviet Field Jacket with removable liner, in camouflauge.

Article about: I received this Russian camouflage field jacket w/ removable liner today and I'm curious about it, i can't find much on it online though the seller described it as Soviet Russian possibly us

Default Russian/Soviet Field Jacket with removable liner, in camouflauge.

I received this Russian camouflage field jacket w/ removable liner today and I'm curious about it, i can't find much on it online though the seller described it as Soviet Russian possibly used during the Soviet-Afgan War . The jacket is heavy duty, has a pistol pocket w/ built in lanyard for a Makarov pistol and it has a removable button-in liner with a faux fur collar. The design is strikingly reminiscent of the US M-65 field jacket in its own right. The stamps seem fairly worn so i can't make a date out very well, from what i gather either this jacket is from the 80's or it is a post-soviet military jacket from the mid to late 1990's. I've also found very little about the camouflage pattern apart from it being Russian made, either Soviet or post I cannot confirm. Hoping that someone here with a little more knowledge on the matter can help identify it and give me some better info.

Thanks,
    Magnetom
    Heavy duty jacket, sized medium? (48-5 for both liner and jacket)

Stamp on inside of jacket where both the numbers 96, 98 and 84 are observed, from this i can't determine which if either denotes the year it was manufactured, I'm under the impression it may be post-soviet Russian military.

Stamp on inside of the jacket liner, size 48-5 and either a 93 or 83, its worn and hard to entirely make out so it's best guesses at this point.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian/Soviet Field Jacket with removable liner, in camouflauge.
    P
    Many

From what I can make out (and my eyes might be deceiving me) it is a post soviet (meaning Russian) production made in either 1998 or 1995. The jacket itself however is almost identical in every way (asides from built in pistol pocket I believe) to the Soviet M88 winter field afghanka jacket (which also had a detachable liner). However who used this is hard for me to say as I am not great with post Soviet, however going on Soviet knowledge most likely this would be issued to a Marskoy Pechkatinech (Naval Infantry or for Americans marine) due to the camouflage pattern, however the pattern seems slightly different from those the Soviet Naval Infantry received.

Quote by Dimitri View Post
    From what I can make out (and my eyes might be deceiving me) it is a post soviet (meaning Russian) production made in either 1998 or 1995. The jacket itself however is almost identical in every way (asides from built in pistol pocket I believe) to the Soviet M88 winter field afghanka jacket (which also had a detachable liner). However who used this is hard for me to say as I am not great with post Soviet, however going on Soviet knowledge most likely this would be issued to a Marskoy Pechkatinech (Naval Infantry or for Americans marine) due to the camouflage pattern, however the pattern seems slightly different from those the Soviet Naval Infantry received.
    I concur with the post soviet remark and thank you for clarifying the model being M88 as that seemed to be a missing link from what i was looking for, from further research, the most I've been able to figure out is that it was apart of the TTsKO camouflage ensemble, though for all I know it could be from any of the other eastern bloc countries. I can see why they sell for so much online, it's heavy duty, built like it's indestructible and quite warm and comfortable to wear. There weren't any patches or insignia to designate a specific branch for this jacket, and it looks like it never held a patch of any sort so it's more difficult to trace back to what specific branch this jacket might've been issued to. Thanks for the info!

Hello from Siberia, MAGNETOM, it is really a russian camouflage, but this type was used in Russian Federation, didnt use in Soviet Union. It is named "Barviha" in Russia. It is a development of soviet uniform. Thise type used in both Chechen War.

No problem! Going from Soviet knowledge usually patches were not held on field uniforms. However I did see Russian Federation often using patches in the field, so I suppose that doesn't really help. May I ask how much you payed for it?

Quote by Dimitri View Post
    No problem! Going from Soviet knowledge usually patches were not held on field uniforms. However I did see Russian Federation often using patches in the field, so I suppose that doesn't really help. May I ask how much you payed for it?
    About $45.00 USD

Not a bad price. Enjoy your purchase!