Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Senior Lieutenant Gymnasterka

Article about: Good evening all, I just bought myself a lot at Ratisbons latest auction including two gymnasterkas and one pair of trousers. I am not experienced enough with these uniforms and especially w

Pocket material looks good to me

I'd say both are no later than 40's production. Here is the pocket material of my 1953 dated cotton gimnasterka. Is the lieutenant one made of cotton and the lend-lease one of wool?

Senior Lieutenant Gymnasterka

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Senior Lieutenant Gymnasterka
    P
    Many

Thank you all for your contributions. I wasn't aware that the loops on the bottom of the shoulderstraps were the give-away sign for being postwar. The option of German reparation made makes actually sense. In this lot was also a pair of trousers and some of the original buttons are replaced by German made buttons.

This leads me to think this tunic belonged to a Great Patriotic War veteran who stayed behind in Germany postwar as part of the occupation forces. Got promoted and received new shoulderboards which are now attached. All speculation of course.

Marcel,

I think the pogoni could be soviet made, according to 1953 regulations. But I have to check, I'm not 100% sure.

If you want, show us pictures of the trousers ;D

Best regards
    Gabriele

Here's the trousers. There's a few German buttons and one American/English button saying "For gentlemen". I have no experience with trousers at all so all help is welcome. There's a stamp which is unreadable unfortunately.

Senior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant Gymnasterka
    Senior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant Gymnasterka

Also a few shots from the auction:

Senior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant Gymnasterka

?

I think the pogoni are safely 1940s. Infantry ones followed the Navy/NKVD 6-sided pattern from 1947 (i think). I'll try to find a source to back that assertion up!

?

.....This link states that pogoni went from 5 to 6 sided in Oct 1946, although the regulations weren't fully implemented until the 1950s. The Technical regulation was TU 1486 i think.

???????????? ?????? ???????? ??????? ????? ??????? 1943 ?.

Thanks a lot for the link Boycie. I have to use google translate to read but it looks like a very interesting page. In the meantime I tried to make some pics from the buttons. One button from the pogoni says 47 with a symbol so I guess that is the year made? All other buttons on that gymnasterka look much older without anything on the back.

Senior Lieutenant GymnasterkaSenior Lieutenant Gymnasterka

Regarding trousers, if you guys need more specific pics from details than just let me know since I have no clue what to look for in wartime/postwar trousers. Thanks so much for all your help and guidance!!

I like the trousers, wartime in my opinion.

About pogoni's button: most probably it's german made for reparation, in 1947 the soviet ones were not marked yet

Thanks a lot Gabriele!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast