Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sharovari breeches

Article about: Here are some photos of by sharovari breeches. They are undated but, as with the gymnasterka I posted on my previous message, they are most probably a post war specimen. I would appreciate y

Default Re: Sharovari breeches

This stamp :

Sharovari breeches

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sharovari breeches
    P
    Many

Hi Guys, I thought that I would add pics of this new pair which have just arrived for extra reference. These are in really nice unissued condition and are dated 1950. Note the cut etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sharovari breeches   Sharovari breeches  

Sharovari breeches   Sharovari breeches  

Sharovari breeches  

And here is another pair from my collection, just like those posted by Gus, (Same maker) at the start of this thread.

See here for info on the makers markings:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...rs-stamp-9704/

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sharovari breeches   Sharovari breeches  

Sharovari breeches   Sharovari breeches  

Ade,

Nice breeches, and in a quite nice condition indeed. Thanks for showing them.

Curiously, one would think that the cut of the first breeches would be more modern than cut on the second pair. But the fact that they are dated 1950 while the second pair was made in 1953 (the earliest) is quite interesting. Maybe the two designs overlapped in production.

Regards,

Gus

Hi Gus, glad you found them of use. All this kind of thing makes Soviet uniform collecting an interesting exercise.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Bad memories I have on sharovari... I was looking for green pants that would suit with the rest of my uniform. However, sadly I bought the wrong piece. Used to read Taras Bulba and the "sharovari", I bought a "sharovari", but the problem is that all sharovari are khaki, while my gymnastyorka is green. Sometimes khaki parts may look like green at photos, the reason for that I bought it. Good thing that the seller offered me the possibility of exchanging it, but just in September, when she is going to have the galife pants, actually, what I was looking for.

Don't worry about colour matching. Soviets uniforms can vary a great deal in colour.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Perhaps, but they look much better with a single colour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2