Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID

Article about: Hello Friends, here is a Soviet tanker's uniform that I bought from a Ukrainian seller on Ebay several years ago. Wanted your opinion as to its authenticity. There are plastic buttons (see p

Default Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID

Hello Friends, here is a Soviet tanker's uniform that I bought from a Ukrainian seller on Ebay several years ago. Wanted your opinion as to its authenticity. There are plastic buttons (see photo) throughout except for collar that has buttons of aluminum. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID  Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID  Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID  Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID  Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID  Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID  Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID  Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID  Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet 1980s Tanker Uniform ID

It is not a fake... I think the breeches were "married" to the gymnasterka going by the age difference. But with this stuff, I would think that is not odd, or a big deal.

Does the GTO badge have a pin-back or a screw-back?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

And not a 80's era. That must be at least 60's. And in that case the gimnasterka has 80's era shoulderstraps, which is wrong
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dimas, I understand what you are say on the gimnasterka style but it's labeled (sewed-on) with a tag from 1982 and the pants have a 1984 tag. I bought the set from the same dealer (Ukrainian) who sold me the 1964 KGB uniform I have on another post. From your experience, would the Soviet Army RE-tag an old gimnasterka and pants to use them again, later on? From a reproduction angle, it's too odd (and too much trouble, do you agree?) to take a 1960s uniform and sew-on 1980s cloth tags. Comments?

I would argue that the shirt tag is not completely ledgible probably 62, possibly sloppy stamping or doctored to look like 82 (but why?), and that the pant tag says 1964 not 84.

There is no reproduction angle really... as a 60's set is not worth much and an 80's set even less.

?

Agreed with Michael, but it's a very strange that the peoples made fakes from the early stamps, to loks like 80's but not 40's.
    I will wait for some items from the war period which are "faked" with post war stampings
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I forgot to add the word that 80's uniforms is much less than M 43 , even 60's made
    Regards,
    Dimas