Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet amoured train officer uniform?

Article about: Hello everyone After a longer period of silence I decided to share with you one of my most interesting recent finds - an item which is advertised as an armoured train officer uniform. If it

Default Soviet amoured train officer uniform?

Hello everyone

After a longer period of silence I decided to share with you one of my most interesting recent finds - an item which is advertised as an armoured train officer uniform. If it was not for the railway exhibition that I am currently working on for my museum, I would definitely overlook this one.

I think this might be an interesting field for discussion about the uniforms of crew members of soviet armoured trains. What can you fellow collectors tell about the uniform judging from the photos? I am particularly surprised by the shoulder boards (star placement, branch emblem as well as the pattern) - it is not anything I have seen so far, but then again, I cannot say I have seen that much.

I am sorry for adding photos with sellers watermarks.

All contribution is greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet amoured train officer uniform?   Soviet amoured train officer uniform?  

Soviet amoured train officer uniform?   Soviet amoured train officer uniform?  

Soviet amoured train officer uniform?   Soviet amoured train officer uniform?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet amoured train officer uniform?
    P
    Many

I wonder what designates it "Armored Train"?

Perhaps the celluloid Lend-Lease gymnasterka buttons on the shoulder-boards?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Hello lancier,

First of all, the tunic is nice and seems genuine, so I congratulate with you for the purchase

My knowledge of the Nkps is quite limited, but I concur with Richie observation. I don't think this tunic is necessarily related to Armored train units.

The pogoni are the six sided pattern introduced in 1943 for this Komissariat, but the insignia placed on them are, in my opinion, for "traction service" (I don't know if it's the correct translation, I'm sorry). I don't see any features pointing to armored trains.

If the buttons are unmarked and originally applied, then it could be a wartime/early postwar tunic... Better pictures of the pogoni could help determining the time frame (at least for the insignia).

Best regards
    Gabriele

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the subject

I've been doing some further research, and I concur with the opinion that it is simply an M1943 railway uniform - this particular type was in use until 1955. I have not got the uniform yet, but I know the buttons are one-piece and without the date stamped.

I have found two nice russian websites with much information on the soviet railway uniforms and insignia in the 20th century. Perhaps those will be of some interest and use to other collectors.

Ж.д. форма 1943 года - this page contains photos of different railway services shoulder boards emblems

Форменная одежда железнодорожников СССР

Best regards
    Lancier