Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Army field uniform M1969 (?)

Article about: Good evening gents, In another thread about the hat that accompanies this uniform I mentioned this uniform and was asked to show it. So I dug it out from my boxes and here it is. This was ac

Default Soviet Army field uniform M1969 (?)

Good evening gents,

In another thread about the hat that accompanies this uniform I mentioned this uniform and was asked to show it. So I dug it out from my boxes and here it is.

This was acquired directly from a service source during the Cold War when I "swapped" it for something the guy couldn't get back home

I have always known this as the M1969 pattern but I stand to be corrected!

Regards

Mark
    PS The boots are rather better quality than you might expect. Not so easy to find these days and this was explained to me by a dealer who told me that a great many surplus pairs had been bought by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to cover a short fall for ceremonial use when they were sold off in the '80s
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Army field uniform M1969 (?)   Soviet Army field uniform M1969 (?)  

Soviet Army field uniform M1969 (?)   Soviet Army field uniform M1969 (?)  

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Army field uniform M1969 (?)
    P
    Many

Good uniform Watchdog. Reminds me of the movie Firefox, which I saw yesterday.

Quote by RKKAFan View Post
    Good uniform Watchdog. Reminds me of the movie Firefox, which I saw yesterday.
    Yep, it does evoke a certain genre or period. Firefox is not a bad movie at all despite Clint Eastwood being so unconvincing!

The book is far better.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Very cool mate! Thanks for sharing. Quite the archaic field uniform! Those boots look a pain to pull on everyday! Cheers mate!

?

It is fun to see an enemy uniform from the period.