Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two piece stars

Article about: Can somebody tell me the use of these two piece stars? What had and when? two are much larger than the third. The color of one of the large star is almost a bit of an orange to it while the

Default Two piece stars

Can somebody tell me the use of these two piece stars? What had and when? two are much larger than the third. The color of one of the large star is almost a bit of an orange to it while the others are very ruby red.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two piece stars
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two piece stars

Two piece starsTwo piece starsTwo piece starsThese are soviets stars most likely off a cap ,these where used in the 1950s-1980s hear are some images

If they're 2 piece stars, the hammer n sickle are held to the star with prongs, they're M35s and would have been pre-war. They're the more expensive of the cockades. The larger size usually denotes use by officers on the visor caps.

Yes they are pre-war two piece stars. Is the orange coloring indicative of a particular year? What were the smaller ones used on?

smaller one would be on a garrison cap

Both (31MM & 38MM) types of the two piece star were used on many types of soft headgear. The 22MM pilotka (garrison cap) type star did not come in a two piece model - it also was used on other types of headgear.

The orange colored enamel was a makers variant and is seen on both model 1936 (two piece) and 39 (one piece) stars in both sizes, and also the 22MM type from that era.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Thank you!
    The orange variant here is really eye catching for some reason.

I really need to get off my lazy bum and make that pinned star-cockarde guide I have been promising everyone for YEARS... It just will take a lot of time and that is something I seriously lack at present...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!