Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

unknown Soviet (?) belt and buckle

Article about: Hey Guys - never seen a belt like this - seems Soviet (with Lenin on the buckle) - someone told me that it's "Afghanistan war formal belt", but I have some doubts about that. Anyon

?

Default unknown Soviet (?) belt and buckle

Hey Guys - never seen a belt like this - seems Soviet (with Lenin on the buckle) - someone told me that it's "Afghanistan war formal belt", but I have some doubts about that.
    Anyone seen this before?

Cheers,
    Fabe

unknown Soviet (?) belt and buckleunknown Soviet (?) belt and buckleunknown Soviet (?) belt and buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknown Soviet (?) belt and buckle
    P
    Many

?

My thread is sinking fast

Anyone can help me?

Quote by Fabe View Post
    My thread is sinking fast

Anyone can help me?
    Hi Fabe,

Never seen anything like that either but I have spent some time and effort gathering my small Soviet collection especially whilst serving in Berlin both before and after the Wall came down and this thing is screaming to me "Berlin fleamarket tourist souvenir!!!" Just like all the wrist watches, pocket watches, lighters (with all kinds of "Soviet" era images from political personallities and red stars to images of the Kremlin) and rabbit fur hats.

I would love to be wrong and for this to be genuine Soviet militaria but somehow I doubt it!

Regards

Mark

PS Chrome plating and a total absence of maker / issue marks doesn't help either.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Hi Fabe,

Never seen anything like that either but I have spent some time and effort gathering my small Soviet collection especially whilst serving in Berlin both before and after the Wall came down and this thing is screaming to me "Berlin fleamarket tourist souvenir!!!" Just like all the wrist watches, pocket watches, lighters (with all kinds of "Soviet" era images from political personallities and red stars to images of the Kremlin) and rabbit fur hats.

I would love to be wrong and for this to be genuine Soviet militaria but somehow I doubt it!

Regards

Mark

PS Chrome plating and a total absence of maker / issue marks doesn't help either.
    I tend to agree with you Mark, feels like a flea market junk...Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
    Fabe

Some type of tourist fantasy item in my opinion too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!