Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual "Generals" insignia

Article about: Has anyone here at any point ever seen or heard of an early model 2 piece Generals insignia like this before? Seems to have some obvious age to it unless that's somehow been faked like every

Default Unusual "Generals" insignia

Has anyone here at any point ever seen or heard of an early model 2 piece Generals insignia like this before? Seems to have some obvious age to it unless that's somehow been faked like everything else seems to be these days. I ve looked extensively online for another example with little to no results. Has the right "feel" to it I must admit and doesn't look to have had any recent modifications done that I can see. So what do you guys think? Genuine? Fantasy? Prototype? Artificially aged reproduction? Thanks y'all. -Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual "Generals" insignia   Unusual "Generals" insignia  

Unusual "Generals" insignia   Unusual "Generals" insignia  

We're paratroopers Lieutenant. We re supposed to be surrounded...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual "Generals" insignia
    P
    Many

The roundel itself seems to be a legitimate example of a two piece M40 cockarde. The star, I believe, is a post 1947 pilotka star. If I am correct it should measure 22MM.

Here is a variation on a VVS cap. Also, an example of a star from a two piece cockarde.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual "Generals" insignia   Unusual "Generals" insignia  

Attached Images Attached Images Unusual "Generals" insignia 
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Thank you for the reply Richie and I appreciate your time. I wasn't even totally sure that 2 piece generals and or Marshall's insignia like these existed at all until I read your response. Information on things like this can be very challenging to find sometimes and I can't say that I ve handled very many Genuine examples of these to compare to either. It looks like the "roundel" as you put it on my insignia has a red felt or cloth type backing to it as well. Would that be correct for a piece like this? All the ones I ve seen in my books have that usual enamel backing like the type found on the regular "1 piece" cockades and I still have a very hard time being able to tell if those are real or not either.

This is also an insignia I was hoping that maybe I could get someone's more experienced eyes to take a gander at as well. It's one I picked up a while back in a grouping for a small amount of $ so my expectations aren't very great. Now, again, I'm ultra new here to your forum so I don't know if a similar "thread" has been created on this particular topic yet or not but, what exactly am I looking for when trying to determine if an insignia such as this one is an authentic example or not? I don't know if you all can really tell from the pictures but it does seem to have some amount of age associated with it. What do you guys think? Thanks very much again.

Unusual "Generals" insignia  

Quote by Corey Vasseur View Post
    It looks like the "roundel" as you put it on my insignia has a red felt or cloth type backing to it as well. Would that be correct for a piece like this?
    It does, and it is correct. Note that the one I have shown has a blue azure insert and that the cap's band is azure. So, it makes perfect sense that yours was on a cap with a red band.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Corey Vasseur View Post
    This is also an insignia I was hoping that maybe I could get someone's more experienced eyes to take a gander at as well. It's one I picked up a while back in a grouping for a small amount of $ so my expectations aren't very great. Now, again, I'm ultra new here to your forum so I don't know if a similar "thread" has been created on this particular topic yet or not but, what exactly am I looking for when trying to determine if an insignia such as this one is an authentic example or not? I don't know if you all can really tell from the pictures but it does seem to have some amount of age associated with it. What do you guys think? Thanks very much again.
    Appears authentic to me...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

And if you re right on this one Mr.Richie (and I'm certainly hoping beyond hope that your hypothesis is correct ) then it would be one of the few times I actually did something right insofar as paying a little for something and gaining an actual authentic example. I ve seen many of up close pictures of totally authentic generals/Marshall's1 piece insignia but I ve never had an opportunity to see the BACK of one before as the ones I ve seen are all mounted on visors. I ll have to look into picking up a reference book on the topic if I can find one. Saw what seemed to be a really good one from Igor's collect Russia site but it's in Russian so I don't know how much help it would be..... Anyways, much appreciated sir. Thanks for taking a moment to help me out