Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WARTIME gymnasterka? need your opinions

Article about: Hello to all, I need your opinion about this gymnasterka. It looks correct but I would like to be sure that it is a wartime model. The fabric is thick and looks like a lend-lease fabrik. I h

Default WARTIME gymnasterka? need your opinions

Hello to all, I need your opinion about this gymnasterka. It looks correct but I would like to be sure that it is a wartime model.
    The fabric is thick and looks like a lend-lease fabrik. I had still never seen a gymnasterka with these strengthenings at the level of wrists.
    I am more reserved as regards shoulder straps. It's a domain for which my knowledge are limited. If certain members of the forum could explain how to recognize original shoulder straps I am sure that it would be very instructive for many of us. Thank you in advance.
    Best regards
    jean-sebastien
    [/ATTACH]WARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinions[ATTACH=CONFIG]416366
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: WARTIME gymnasterka? need your opinions

JS,

From the photos , the fabric appears to be NOT U.S. Lend-Lease mustard wool. Perhaps you should ask for more qualitative images, or, if you own this already, re-take them in natural sunlight...

IMO, the wound stripes are modern-made "новодел".... As for the shoulder-boards: I am unable to comment.

I stress that this is simply my opinion. I am not an expert and have been wrong more often than not.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

hi Richie,
    Thank you for your answer. I agree with you. The color is not "mustard" like lend-lease uniforms. I made this comparison because the cloth of this gymnasterka is thick and rough as that of the lend-lease gym that I bought recently. I take picures in natural sunlight. I hope it could help you. The gym is more kaki than brown (too much sunshines on the pictures).
    I already tell the seller I am not interested in the shoulder-boards.
    WARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinionsWARTIME gymnasterka?  need your opinions
    regards

Hi,
    in my opinion, post-war. The fabric seems to have synthetic. The wound the stripes were added (in the wrong place) and are made with modern materials.
    The shoulder straps I do not like much ...... they seem to be copies ..
    Regards.
    Philippe

?

I disagree- straps are good, as the wound stripes too
    It is matched criteries- to the war time manufacture, but I think it is a postwar made, circa late 1940's-early 1950's -PSh, ПШ- Полу-шерстяная, HW- Half-wool type enlisted gimnasterka, hardly worn by it's owner postwar, due the post war -hard economical time in the USSR, and a powerty
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The blue of the pogoni piping ( though a bit bright ) , would probably be cavalry and if real , a scarce find .

I have a 1963 Mundir jacket made of the exact same material, a very thick, rough gabardine/serge type fabric. Judging by the fabric used in the 60s and the style of buttons, i'd guess it is a 1950s gymnasterka, probably before 1955.

Could you send a pic from the shoulder? I would like to see the point where the shoulder boards go to the uniform. If there is a thread around the holes, and the loop where you place in the lower part of the shoulder board is sewn into the back part of the shirt it's post 1949. Actually they introduced extra pockets inside for documents at 1951... It could be a good indicator too. Weird material: right after the war ad-hoc non military factory uniform orders were quite common. Let's say pockets and shoulders are "correct" than it's most probably a beautyful item between circa 1945-1948. Shoulder boards: early 50's ones have a thinner lower part. This guy is good with the uniform. Doesn't look like copy for me.

Hello CrveniPartizan, I am on holliday, I will send you pics next week.
    Regards.