Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What is going on...

Article about: I place this topic in the Uniform section, but it is really universal. My question is what the hell is going on? I consider myself fairly well connected to the Soviet militaria market. Dimas

Default What is going on...

I place this topic in the Uniform section, but it is really universal.

My question is what the hell is going on? I consider myself fairly well connected to the Soviet militaria market. Dimas... you should know that by all our common friends and associates. From where I stand, what is going on is a huge drop in the quantity of Soviet militaria on the open market. I realize that economic gains over the last few years of collectors in Russia proper, but that alone does not explain what I am seeing. What I have seen is an evaportation... A huge shift over a short period of time.

Has the Russian Federation increased it's enforcement of their antiquities and cultural history laws over the last 12-24 months?
    A while back someone posted the link over to the Moscow based Antik1941. They clearly say the only ship to addresses inside Russia. I wanted to believe that was stated only for legal reason and that since they operated a website with world wide access then surely they had a "work around".

Apparently that is not the case... Those guys will not even answer my inquiry regarding that subject... the last one I sent was even in Russian!

Comments?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is going on...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: What is going on...

As I can say there was newer easiest ways to send the military items outside of Russia. As far as I know, the Russian shops are lasy to deal with other countries- a lot of headicke with customs, language etc, much easier way to sell stuff inside of Russia. Last months business with militaria in Russian market fall, but about a year ago Russian buyer was a good customer
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I brought many identified Soviet uniform groups to the Show of Shows. I only sold a few and they were to Russian buyers. There seemed to be no intereest in 1950s and 1960s identified General's uniform groups, even to Heroes of the Soviet Union.

Bob Hritz

Dimas... I agree with the things you say, buy those things should have always been true. I feel something else is at play here.

Bob... As rare as they may be, and as historically important as some of the "names" may be, is the 50's and 60's era stuff is ever going to command the same interest as items for common soldiers and line officers from the 1935-1945 period? The uniforms and personal items from the era (41-45) that most of these guys actually earned their HSU is another story obviously.

I guess I am simply lamenting the lack of material offered presently... I'm thinking the good old days of this genre sure didn't last very long.