Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

White summer dress jacket.

Article about: Hi Can someone ID this jacket please? And is it postwar or WWII? It is fine work. Collar hooks are really fine and looks like made from a thin wire not used ready made factory hooks. There i

?

Default White summer dress jacket.

Hi
    Can someone ID this jacket please? And is it postwar or WWII? It is fine work. Collar hooks are really fine and looks like made from a thin wire not used ready made factory hooks. There is no holes for the shoulder board buttons.
    Regards
    K.
    White summer dress jacket.White summer dress jacket.White summer dress jacket.White summer dress jacket.White summer dress jacket.White summer dress jacket.White summer dress jacket.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White summer dress jacket.
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Quote by kass View Post
    Hi
    Can someone ID this jacket please? And is it postwar or WWII?]
    Hi Kass ,

Probably a NKPS (Railways) jacket , wartime or postwar I do not know ??

?

Thank you gents. I could not find any reference what is the difference between the army and a railway summer jacket? Is it just the buttons? And as I have understood and read did the technical/engineers/ troops wore also same buttons/insignia with a hammer and wrench?
    Regards
    K.

There is no difference IMO, in cut and fabric type - except after 1955 where the Kitel for Ministry of Communications (this includes Railways) - changed to a lay down collar with tabs (shoulder-boards were abolished as per an order during this year).

The hammer/wrench buttons were designated for Railways. It is simple perception that such a symbol was for Army/Fleet - Technical/Engineering as it was the same design as the cyphers on collar tabs during 1920 - 30X and on shoulder-boards from 1943.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

I see. Thank you Richie for the clarification.
    Regards
    K.

?

Hi
    So would this be a legit move? Since I do not collect ticket inspectors and mailman etc. thought to transform this into an army tunic. Would need a better boards since these are knackered. Are these junior lieutenant of infantry or artillery?

Regards
    KasparWhite summer dress jacket.

I am unable to tell the colour of the shoulder-boards - at least on my monitor with my lousy vision. See if you can get close-up images.

?

Hi
    Here's the closeup.

K.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture White summer dress jacket.   White summer dress jacket.  

?

Your opinion of the NKPS is wrong, in more than one circumstance they fought as frontline troops. They were very vital to the war effort, imagine the scale of their job when they transferred all the troops and material from the West in 1945 to Mongolia. To change the identity of a tunic would not be doing justice to the heroes of the NKPS.
    Here is a poster showing your tunic.
    White summer dress jacket.
    Last edited by Artyom; 12-29-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Quote by Artyom View Post
    Your opinion of the NKPS is wrong
    ???

Please, elaborate in more detail about what is wrong...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast