Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Russian officer's tunic

Article about: Hello all, I've been offered this tunic for \\$100, and was hoping to get some opinions on it. I do not collect Soviet items and know absolutely nothing about them, but I want at least one pie

Default WW2 Russian officer's tunic

Hello all, I've been offered this tunic for $100, and was hoping to get some opinions on it. I do not collect Soviet items and know absolutely nothing about them, but I want at least one piece to put in my collection. Any information I can get would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Todd

WW2 Russian officer's tunicWW2 Russian officer's tunicWW2 Russian officer's tunicWW2 Russian officer's tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Russian officer's tunic
    P
    Many

Postwar M43 parade mundir.

Original insignia (that seems to be missing from the cuffs) is very difficult to obtain. Original cloth backing for collar tabs is as well. Even shoulder boards are getting tough.

The moth damage finishes it off.

Save your money for a nicer one.

I believe that a member here: Doomula5000 has a few different types for sale. Decent and trustworthy guy.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Thanks for the info, I'll pass on it for sure.

?

WW2 Russian officer's tunic

?

Thought I would add some pictures since I bought this tunic and restored it... Captain medical CorpsWW2 Russian officer's tunic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Russian officer's tunic   WW2 Russian officer's tunic  

WW2 Russian officer's tunic   WW2 Russian officer's tunic  

Last edited by nickg; 01-22-2017 at 09:21 AM.

?

Another image showing the collar repair with medical green collar tab facing and a reference image of a Medical officer (Colonel) in a similar Mundir. I thought it was still worth restoring!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Russian officer's tunic   WW2 Russian officer's tunic  

?

WW2 Russian officer's tunicWW2 Russian officer's tunic

Before and after comparison!

How did you repair the collar?