Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a WWII Soviet coat?

Article about: This is my first post and I am by no means a collector of WWII relics. But finding a 48 star flag flown during WWII in an antique store started me and my husband to looking for similar finds

cartoongirl1941
    ?

Default Is this a WWII Soviet coat?

This is my first post and I am by no means a collector of WWII relics. But finding a 48 star flag flown during WWII in an antique store started me and my husband to looking for similar finds.
    This weekend we came across what we knew was a Soviet issued wool coat in mint condition. Clearly it was issued but probably never worn. We figured it was Cold War era. After some internet research, it seems that it is possibly a M41 greatcoat. I only have a couple good cellphone pics for now, but I'll post some good detailed ones tomorrow.
    We mostly bought it for its "unique" value and that it also fits my husband as if it were tailored to him. ow we are wondering what what we may have bought.

Husband has on a hooded sweatshirt underneath so don't confuse the collar with that. It has the pockets that are angled and don't have flaps. Has the three buttons on the split at the bottom back. Inside there is a nearly clear label I'll post tomorrow.The issue tag is also still on the bottom. It closes in the front with eye and hook. Any opinion on it would be great.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a WWII Soviet coat?   Is this a WWII Soviet coat?  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Is this a WWII Soviet coat?

Yes, this is M 41 coat, but made circa 70-80's, I would say the war in Afganistan era, you can find all necessary information on the stampings.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

cartoongirl1941
    ?

Here's the photos. Maybe someone here can read the inside better than me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a WWII Soviet coat?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this a WWII Soviet coat?  Is this a WWII Soviet coat?  Is this a WWII Soviet coat?  Is this a WWII Soviet coat?  Is this a WWII Soviet coat?  Is this a WWII Soviet coat? 

?

Yes it's a 1980's coat
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

cartoongirl1941
    ?

Good to know. Thanks. Still, a neat find and very nice wool jacket for the husband when needed.