Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Your opinion on this Mundir Jacket

Article about: Hello Guys, When it comes to Mundir, I have still a lot to learn.. What do you think of this Mundir ? Many thanks

?

Default Your opinion on this Mundir Jacket

Hello Guys,

When it comes to Mundir, I have still a lot to learn..

What do you think of this Mundir ?

Many thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Your opinion on this Mundir Jacket
    P
    Many

?

No one can share his opinion ?
    I think the shoulder boards are post WW2, I have asked the seller some closer pictures of them.

Forgive us for taking more than forty-eight hours to offer an opinion regarding your request.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tunic seems fine.

Stamped silvered metal collar tab bars and sleeve spools are correct for Technical branch and rank of junior commanding structure (post 1948) for artillery and armor - pre 1948 were made from bullion thread on cloth backings.

The tabs themselves should be of velvet type material for armor. These seem to be of felt - artillery.

I'm perpetually skeptical of pre-1946 shoulder-boards. Kindly forgive me.

Concerning these, they appear very crisp and new-looking. And, the stars are post-1954 type. Is the lace made from white silk or a silvered metallic thread? In any case, definitely, more qualitative images are needed as far as I'm concerned.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Hi Richie,

Many thanks for your detailled reply.
    I am sorry, I did not want to seem rude in my question, my english is lacking some nuances.
    Once again I apologize and I reall appreciate the fact you share your knowledge/expertise.

Kind regards

Hi Meme! Tunic itself is 100% original comparing with 3 mundir of my collection made in this kind of fabric (outside and Inside). Richie's two remarks are very relevant. Epaulets are very often the weak points of this type of outfit. You need more accurate images.
    regards
    guy

Hello everyone!

I thought some of you gentlemen might be interested in seeing more close-up photos of the uniform in question.

Some measurements:
    shoulder boards: 60 mm x 150 mm
    tank emblem: 31,5 mm x 13 mm
    collar "zigzag" tabs: 6,4 mm x 56 mm
    Spools/katushkas: 57 mm x 34 mm

The shoulder boards are covered with metallized tape. The attachment stripes have some illegible stamps on the khaki side. As for the tunic, on each shoulder there are two holes (reinforced with thread) in order to "lace up" the shoulder boards. The obverse of the tank emblem looks like some faked patina, but I am no expert on ww2 soviet branch emblems so it is just my impression. I am curious what you think.

The tunic's fabric has some loss of nap, but in normal light that is easily visible only when looking at weird angles. All in all the tunic makes quite sharp an impression. Buttons dont have any date on them.

There is also one funny story. The right cuff has a rip, that was put "together" with... glue.

?

Thanks !
    So you have purchased it ?

Yes indeed, I have been looking for a decent victory parade uniform for a while now. Since 1,5 months have passed from the original discussion in this thread I decided to give it a try. I hope I am not on your vendetta list now?

?

The shoulder straps are redone from M 47 with fake tanks
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thank you for your help Dimas! Was it the six-sided attachment stripe that gave it away?

Also, as I am now assured about the tank emblems, I think it means some hunting for replacement artillery emblems, as was suggested. And proper stars.

But now I wonder, were those six-sided shoulder boards introduced in 1946 or 1947 (we got two dates here)? Is there a place where one can learn more about them?