Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

1870 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Type A Core, Wide Frame

Article about: Here is a new addition to my Imperial EK collection. I have been looking for a nice example of one of these for quite some time now. These are not commonly seen for sale, nor are they cheap.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Thanks for the information. So it is correct to say Steinhauer and Luck was the only company to use this suspension?
    It is difficult to say absolutely, as this question opens more themes being still discussed. First question is whether this type is genuine period replacement. Second one is, if this type of cross (frame + core) was produced only by one company, or by many jewelers. Third one is, if this type of suspension was used only by one producer.

In my opinion, this type is genuine period jubilee replacement piece, because it is portrayed in period SL catalogue. Although pictures doesn´t match perfectly (from reasons mentioned), there is no other company known to produce type with such highly (and widely) raised platform for jumpring. This is - in my opinion - safer version of your statement, because the suspension itself - defined mainly by movable jumpring - is rarely found also on other crosses including A-types. And although they usually do have raised platform for jumpring, it is of common - visibly smaller size: the platform on these has only slightly bigger diameter than the diameter of jumpring wire.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1870 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Type A Core, Wide Frame
    P
    Many

Quote by Miro View Post
    It is difficult to say absolutely, as this question opens more themes being still discussed. First question is whether this type is genuine period replacement. Second one is, if this type of cross (frame + core) was produced only by one company, or by many jewelers. Third one is, if this type of suspension was used only by one producer.

In my opinion, this type is genuine period jubilee replacement piece, because it is portrayed in period SL catalogue. Although pictures doesn´t match perfectly (from reasons mentioned), there is no other company known to produce type with such highly (and widely) raised platform for jumpring. This is - in my opinion - safer version of your statement, because the suspension itself - defined mainly by movable jumpring - is rarely found also on other crosses including A-types. And although they usually do have raised platform for jumpring, it is of common - visibly smaller size: the platform on these has only slightly bigger diameter than the diameter of jumpring wire.

Hello Miro,
    Are we discussing the original cross posted, or are we discussing the cross posted by Kirby?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Miro,
    Are we discussing the original cross posted, or are we discussing the cross posted by Kirby?
    Ralph.
    Hello Ralph,

I think this discussion was about your cross, Kirby´s cross, Greg´s AWS cross and 25 oakleaves before I even chimed in. I only tried to respond to these themes with what I can add.

I really can´t say anything new to your cross. It´s a good cross without any issues or question marks to discuss. I like it because I like wideframes. And it´s in very good condition. Maybe only one thing wasn´t said about it - that it is later production, as it has painted (not blackened) core. But not very late, as the core still have good detail (as we know, painted A-types were produced even during ww1, but cores of these had visibly worse detail - the die was already heavily worn). So I agree with your plan to provide it with oakleaves. This cross belongs to jubilee era.

Best, Miro

Quote by Miro View Post
    Hello Ralph,

I think this discussion was about your cross, Kirby´s cross, Greg´s AWS cross and 25 oakleaves before I even chimed in. I only tried to respond to these themes with what I can add.

I really can´t say anything new to your cross. It´s a good cross without any issues or question marks to discuss. I like it because I like wideframes. And it´s in very good condition. Maybe only one thing wasn´t said about it - that it is later production, as it has painted (not blackened) core. But not very late, as the core still have good detail (as we know, painted A-types were produced even during ww1, but cores of these had visibly worse detail - the die was already heavily worn). So I agree with your plan to provide it with oakleaves. This cross belongs to jubilee era.

Best, Miro
    Thank you Miro.
    I was asking only because it appeared that your last post was in response to Kirby's question about the maker. It becomes confusing when more than one item is posted on a thread for discussion. That is the reason I do not allow multiple items posted in the TR Awards and Decorations section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4