Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

1879 Prußian Militär Paß document - help please!

Article about: Just bought these, they haven't arrived yet, but I can't wait till they do so I'm asking now! There is a photo of a document with the book, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what it is

Default 1879 Prußian Militär Paß document - help please!

Just bought these, they haven't arrived yet, but I can't wait till they do so I'm asking now! There is a photo of a document with the book, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what it is please? I will post a clear photo of it when it arrives in my hot sweaty hands, but the wait is killing me! I've seen many Imperial Army paybooks etc, but I've been searching for a naval one, and found one in a group of seven. Six Army, and one Navy, but the document is an added bonus. Could it be a discharge notice? Thanks heaps guys!

Default Re: 1879 Prußian Militär Paß document - help please!

Document has been received, these are the best photos I could take of it.

It's a certificate of conduct during military service:

Füsilier Johann Suhr, born 8 Nov. 1859 at Hollerdieck in the Stader Marsch county had served in the 10th Company of the 1st Hanseatic Infantry Regiment No. 75 from 8 Nov. 1879 through 15 Sept. 1882.

During this time, his conduct was good [= gut] and during the later period of service quite good [= recht gut].

He not been sentenced to any judicial punishments [= Gerichtliche Strafen] or disciplinary punishments with severe arrest [= Disziplinarische Strafen mit strengem Arrest].

Dated 24 Nov. 1884 at Stade, the document was signed by the Hauptmann-ranked Company Commander.

The fully-handwritten supplementary entries refer to his participation in military exercises as a reservist from 22 June through 3 July 1886 and again from 2 June through 11 June 91, where his conduct was again evaluated as good, with no punishments.

The first one is dated 3 July 1886, the second one 11 June 1891, both are signed by his commanding officers at that time, ranked, respectively Premier-Lieutenant and Hauptmann.

Thank you very much Andreas, I appreciate your effort. If you would like the document, send me a PM and I'd be happy to send it to you. I was after the collection of seven Milität-Paß, and I've already sold the one for Füsilier Johann Suhr, so it's not totally needed.