Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1882 Reichrevolver Holster Appraisal

Article about: Hi, I recently picked up an 1895 Nagant from 1913, and the LGS said it came with a Holster.I got the Holster and, well, after doing some digging, I found it to be an Original holster for a M

Default 1883 Reichrevolver Holster Appraisal

Hi, I recently picked up an 1895 Nagant from 1913, and the LGS said it came with a Holster.I got the Holster and, well, after doing some digging, I found it to be an Original holster for a Model 1883 Reichrevolver. As I collect Mainly WWII militaria, I may potentially to sell it (nothing concrete), but before I even think about that I would like to know what its worth here are some pictures, its in kind of Rough Shape

1882 Reichrevolver Holster Appraisal1882 Reichrevolver Holster Appraisal1882 Reichrevolver Holster Appraisal1882 Reichrevolver Holster Appraisal

Any Help would be great, let me know if there are any specific pictures you need
    Last edited by BMGDolan; 06-21-2015 at 08:28 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1882 Reichrevolver Holster Appraisal
    P
    Many

Model 1883 Reichsrevolver holster.

Quote by habicht View Post
    Model 1883 Reichsrevolver holster.
    oops, updated

So I went ahead and got pictures of not only a Makers mark that I didn't know was there, but also a better pic of the stamping on the inside of the cartridge pouch.
    Makers mark seems to be "Lubecker & co, Berlin" with the stampings saying "MFA*?*73" and "1904" with the rest being illegible

1882 Reichrevolver Holster Appraisal1882 Reichrevolver Holster Appraisal

Btt

I am generally reluctant to offer value estimates on forums as it's counterproductive to my own predatory interests but I'll take a shot at it here. I think that your holster should bring $200+++

Quote by habicht View Post
    I am generally reluctant to offer value estimates on forums as it's counterproductive to my own predatory interests but I'll take a shot at it here. I think that your holster should bring $200+++
    I completely understand, thank you for your input

Hayes Otoupalik has a M1879 Reichsrevolver holster on his list priced at $475. It's probably more scarce than your M1883. He's had it for sale for about six to eight months with no buyers. Yours is a nice item and appears in good condition. The Jan Still Forum has a section for the RR, you might post your request for value there.

G2

The unit marking could be Marine Feldartillerie Abteilung. An educated guess as my reference books are packed away at present.