Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1914 1916 brooch or lapel pin

Article about: Hello all, This belongs to a friend of mine who is a new member here and was having some issues posting photos. To me, and judging from the reverse hardware, the badge looks like it is authe

Default 1914 1916 brooch or lapel pin

Hello all,

This belongs to a friend of mine who is a new member here and was having some issues posting photos. To me, and judging from the reverse hardware, the badge looks like it is authentic. Can anyone else please give an opinion or perhaps shed some light on what exactly this pin is?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1914 1916 brooch or lapel pin   1914 1916 brooch or lapel pin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1914 1916 brooch or lapel pin
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks good to me but a privately made item IMHO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi. This looks like a nice sweetheart brooch made from the driving band of an artillery shell. The width of the driving band reminds me of a German 77mm shell but the checkered pattern on the back I have also seen on French 75mm shells. Could be wrong on both counts mind you.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    This looks like a nice sweetheart brooch made from the driving band of an artillery shell.
    Exactly. Patriotic jewelry of this type was quite popular in WW1.

my guess to.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Hi. This looks like a nice sweetheart brooch made from the driving band of an artillery shell.
    That is what it is.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I like it very much.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!