Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse maker marked A

Article about: Good day to all I have made another purchase this week and this is the first to arrive. This is a beautiful EKII with just tiny bit of original ribbon. The core has just a very small rust sp

?

Default 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse maker marked A

Good day to all
    I have made another purchase this week and this is the first to arrive. This is a beautiful EKII with just tiny bit of original ribbon.
    The core has just a very small rust spot on the reverse near the left hand side acorn, other than that the core is in very good shape. There is a clear makers mark on the suspension ring, 'A' which I believe looking at several different lists is for F.A. Assmann of Luedenscheid.
    As always I welcome any feed back and information regarding the makers mark.

Wilko

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse maker marked A 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse maker marked A

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse maker marked A 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse maker marked A

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse maker marked A

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse maker marked A
    P
    Many

Another nice addition to your collection.
    As far as I know, "A" is for Assmann.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thank you Greg. My second EK came in the post just this afternoon and i will post very soon, its marked 800 on the ring. Not sure on the maker of that one until i get time to look it up. Off to work a late shift now.

Wilko,

Sorry I missed this one when you had originally posted it. Another great cross which has character and an interesting ribbon fold. I like it!

?

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    Wilko,

Sorry I missed this one when you had originally posted it. Another great cross which has character and an interesting ribbon fold. I like it!
    Thank you Joel, it is a bit different on the ribbon set up. The recipient must have only had a small bit of ribbon left with which to use. Between us we are collecting some lovely EK's and I enjoy seeing sharing on this great forum.
    Ken

Ken,

From what I've seen, you are amassing quite a collection yourself! I'm so happy you have the passion and share away on our Forum.