Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown

Article about: Gents, Here is another cross from the vault. This has a "muffin" crown which at first glance looked as though it could have been made by, B.H. Mayer. However, the thin lined, "

Default 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown

Gents,

Here is another cross from the vault. This has a "muffin" crown which at first glance looked as though it could have been made by, B.H. Mayer. However, the thin lined, "W" is different. This cross is classified as of unknown origin from my old files and I'm happy to see what the experts have to say about this one.

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown   1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown  

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown   1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown
    P
    Many

?

Nice EK Joel. Another lovely textured core and the medal is in great condition. I, like you, look forward to hearing more about this cracker.
    Ken

Quote by Wilko View Post
    Nice EK Joel. Another lovely textured core and the medal is in great condition. I, like you, look forward to hearing more about this cracker.
    Ken
    The texturing on this core comes from the fact that it is an early, sand cast, core.
    Some core texturing is from the finish alone.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Gentlemen!

I have seen other examples of R.W. marked crosses but to my knowledge, we still
    do not know who the maker was.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Greg,

Another ongoing mystery. Got to love it!

Gents,

Here is another recently purchased cross which shows the remnants of the RW stamp. I wanted to post another example to showcase the narrow lines of the "W" on the obverse. I find this style striking and unique unto its own.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown   1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown  

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown   1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse mm: RW/Unknown