Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped

Article about: Another of my purchases today and again a maker mark I'm not that sure of. To me it looks like a Y but I could be seeing it wrong. I do have an Imperial Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasses with a maker

?

Default 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped

Another of my purchases today and again a maker mark I'm not that sure of. To me it looks like a Y but I could be seeing it wrong. I do have an Imperial Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasses with a maker mark Y on the pin which turned out to be by JWS - (Johann Wagner & Sohn, Berlin). The core has a different crown to this one so it's got me stumped a little.

I have seen somewhere, and for the life of me I can't remember where, that the Y mark could be either a silver mark or quality control mark. I could very well be wrong.
    I'm trying to find that info again but no luck so far.

Still its a nice cross with a really detailed sand cast core and a deep patina of age, a welcome beauty to behold.

Hope you like this one and a big thank you as always for any help on this one.

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped
    P
    Many

Another nice addition Ken!
    I do have an EK II marked IW on the ring, (Johann Wagner), you can compare the crown on your EK I with this for reference.
    This might help to learn if they used more than one crown.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you Ralph, the crown is different to my EK1 by JWS so there may be more than one core type if this cross is by Johann Wagner. I think I might also have a IW in my collection somewhere, I will check out the core on that one.
    Ken

?

I do have a maker marked IW in my collection and it is similar but I'm seeing slight differences in the Oak Leaves. I think it could be a match but I'm on the fence at the moment with this one and welcome a second pair of eyes and opinion.

Last edited by Wilko; 10-19-2019 at 01:41 PM.

The mark on the first cross posted by Ken could very well
    be an "A" for Assmann.

I can not say with any certainty that is what it is but it is very possible.
    It is a known mark and while Assmann used different core styles, the pumpkin
    crown core is one of them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped   1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped  

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Now to the "IW" crosses. I am pretty sure that the mark is actually "LW"
    Attached Images Attached Images 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped 
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thank you Greg for this valued feed back on both crosses posted here. I appreciate this help immensely.
    Ken

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Now to the "IW" crosses. I am pretty sure that the mark is actually "LW"
    If you compare the spacing of the IW letters on my cross to the LW on your cross, they are not the same.
    Here is my Assmann to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi Ralph
    Thanks for posting your Assmann. To my eye it looks like a match to the one I posted above. It has a different core to the Ring Stamped A I already have in my collection so I at least have 2 core types for this maker. As for the stamp, A or Y its just another one of those little mystery's we love so much when it comes to Imperial EKs.

Once again I'd like to thank you and Greg for helping me with this one.

Ken,

Another beautiful addition! Good to see the Imperials surfacing again on the forum. My apologies as well for work has pulled me from the hobby for a bit. Greg and Ralph, good to see you both again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast