Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1915 Pickelhaube

Article about: What kind of sanding did you do? Sandpaper? What grit?

Default 1915 Pickelhaube

Hi Guy´s, I am brand new here, and very happy to have found this forum :-)

I have been collecting german stuff from ww1 and ww2 for about 30 years on and off. Right now is on !!

I just came across a Pickelhaube my self about a month ago ! It is stamped 1915 and with the mentioned painted iron fittings. Unfortunately the chinstrap cocardes and front "charnier"? on the cap is missing. Does anyone knows if repros are available anywhere, cause I have only come across brass repros ?

I got the helmet from a friend of mine, whos father bought it in Belgium in 1925 !! The missing parts is because my friend used it for playing when he was about 7 years old !! But when you get it for free, you don´t complain too much :-)

Best regards
    Marc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1915 Pickelhaube
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1915 Pickelhaube

Hi Marc and welcome ! its great to see more Imperial collectors here !..post some photographs of your Pickelhaube, an M1915 model by your description....chinstraps and cockades are available on both Germany & France E-Bay, have a look there.... it is quite acceptable to put these replica parts on a Pickelhaube.
    Prost ! Steve.

Attachment 454356Hi Steve, I already bought cocardes and chinstrap on e-bay.de, but I could only find the "charnier" for the front cap in silverplated brass, I need it in iron !
    I guess I will have to make one myself. I have mounted the brass one for now, but I don´t think I will keep it that way !
    I am collecting both ww1 and ww2 german stuff, but I really enjoy the period around the turn of the century, it was then modern warfare developed a lot :-)

Venlig hilsen
    Marc

ps Just a quick one with my I-Phone ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images 1915 Pickelhaube 
    Last edited by oradour; 01-22-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Marc....That's a nice original Prussian line Infantry M15 Pickelhaube....I would age the chinstrap, a bit of sanding and candle smoke should do the trick ! the visor trims are available from time to time on E-Bay, be patient and one will come along......thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.

I have turned your photo round......hope you do not mind.

Hi Steve,
    I am going to age the chinstrap, but I just got it, and had to try it on emediately :-)

And thanks for turning......

Venlig hilsen
    Marc

Hi Steve,
    I have done some aging on the chinstrap and cocardes. It looks much better and thanks a lot for the advice using candlesmoke ! I haven´t thought of that :-)

MFG
    Marc

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Hi Steve, I have done some aging on the chinstrap and cocardes. It looks much better and thanks a lot for the advice using candlesmoke ! I haven´t thought of that :-)MFGMarc
    Glad to hear it about it Marc...post some photos of how it looks now......
    Prost ! Steve.

As it looks now ! I am still looking for a iron visor brim ! :-)

Mfg
    Marc

1915 Pickelhaube

?

its a wonderful and sympathetic way you have done this,well done,best from george

?

WOW the sanding and candle smoke trick worked out awesome!!!!!!!
    Great tip Steve!.I need some cockards for my Baden 1895. I will have to check out those other ebays.
    It looking great unimarc.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast