Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1916 Named German Officers Helmet

Article about: This is another of this past weekends finds, a 1916 Named Officers Helmet, anyone know if I can get info on the owner? That Makes 5 WW1 German Helmets, 4 are camo, and this one named to an O

?

Default 1916 Named German Officers Helmet

This is another of this past weekends finds, a 1916 Named Officers Helmet, anyone know if I can get info on the owner?
    That Makes 5 WW1 German Helmets, 4 are camo, and this one named to an Officer, just need one more to catch up to the 6 WW1 Canadian Lids I have. LOL
    Dean O.1916 Named German Officers Helmet1916 Named German Officers Helmet1916 Named German Officers Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1916 Named German Officers Helmet
    P
    Many

I like the shell and from what is visible of the liner it looks real, but the liner may not be original to the piece as the pictures of the split pins suggest that they have been re bent. Jim G.

Nice pick-up.
    I like the vet bringback info.
    chrs

nice helmet
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I suspect, given the service number after the name, the Officer in question was in the Allied Forces.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Interesting, I never thought it might be an Allied Soldiers name, if it is, he must have been British as our Officers are not listed with numbers.
    I looked up that number on the Canadian Veterans website, and nothing came up.
    Is there a British website where I might be able to look it up?

Dean O.

Hi Dean,

an officer's commission/promotions were announced in the LG.

Advanced Search

Cheers,

Tom

?

Very nice lid, Dean! (you have a great first name too, BTW) it's a bonus to have your helmet named, wether allied or axis, as well. You are a lucky fella to have five of these and most of them being camo! I only have one M16 in camo and its unit marked, but no liner or chinstrap
    Thanks for sharing this one with us. Ill have to check out your other lids. I hope you find out who signed your helmet, BTW
    Dean L.

I really like your helmet, there is just something about these WW1 lids :-)

Mfg
    Marc

Just a question on the grey paint as I have one of similar colour, do you know of why they not of the camo type??1916 Named German Officers Helmet