Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1917 MG08 Manual

Article about: Hi all. Just thought I would share with you this manual that I have had for a while. Appears to be something to do with equipment for the MG08. If anyone knows I would like to find out. Can

Default 1917 MG08 Manual

Hi all. Just thought I would share with you this manual that I have had for a while. Appears to be something to do with equipment for the MG08. If anyone knows I would like to find out. Can post more pics if interested.

Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1917 MG08 Manual  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1917 MG08 Manual
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1917 MG08 Manual

Spitace41: Ausrustüngsnachweisung is not in any of my German military dictionaries for WWI or WWII. But taking the word apart, Ausrustüng (equipment) and nachweisung (list, account, record, strength report) it would seem that the manual deals with the parts and nomenclature for the machinegun. Could you post photos of the pages? That would be a big help. Dwight

Here are some pics showing the inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1917 MG08 Manual   1917 MG08 Manual  

1917 MG08 Manual   1917 MG08 Manual  

1917 MG08 Manual   1917 MG08 Manual  

1917 MG08 Manual  

Sorry about the quality of the pics, it was quite hard to take them as the thing is falling apart

Spitace 41: I'm having a problem with my PC, but I think I can answer your question is a short version. It's a manual for the TO&E, which means Table of Organization and Equipment, for a machinegun company. As soon as I get this screen problem settled, I'll post the Table of Contents translation. It's too bad that you can't lay the book flat on a scanner, but I known what you mean about being old and falling apart. I'll be back pretty soon. Dwight

Table of Contents
    1.Introduction
    2. Crew Strength Table
    3.M.G. Equipment
    A. Associated parts
    B. Accessories
    C. Additional
    4. Vehicles
    A. Associated parts
    B. Accessories for the Field Wagon 95
    5. Harnesses and Stall Items
    A. Harness with chest band (Rather than a collar)
    B. Additional
    6. Entrenching Tools
    7. Hand Weapons and Ammunition
    8. Optical Instruments
    9. Loading Plan for the Field Wagon 95

FYI: The Field Wagon 95 was a horse-drawn wagon that entered service in 1895. It was drawn by a single horse and carried a driver and the weapons, equipment, and ammunition for the machine gun company. The FW95 was used throughout the army and was not limited to machine gun companies. The Field Wagon 95 was so ubiquitous in WWI that during WWII German troops called any small, horse-drawn wagon, even those requisitioned from civilians, Field Wagon 95. Dwight

Right, that would explain the pics in the back then. Thanks for the info. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1917 MG08 Manual  

?

Let me know if you wish to sell please?
    Mark