Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1st WW Black wounded badge.

Article about: I picked this one up this weekend. Is it possible to know who made this badge? I can't find any makers mark on it and have almost no knowledge about them. Thanks, Steven

Default 1st WW Black wounded badge.

I picked this one up this weekend.
    Is it possible to know who made this badge?
    I can't find any makers mark on it and have almost no knowledge about them.

Thanks,
    Steven
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st WW Black wounded badge.   1st WW Black wounded badge.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st WW Black wounded badge.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1st WW Black wounded badge.

Hi Steven,

There are 3 types of this design of badge. gold / silver and black. depending on how many times you were wounded you received which badge . I have a black badge like yours a little rusty now and a certificate which came with it. As far as I know, it was some time after the war that they were issued.There are more knowledgeable people than me who will give you the full information on these and maybe the firm that made these badges. I have no idea of the maker sorry.

Also,there is another style of this badge which has a open part to the center of the badge and was issued much later after WW1. Hope this helps

Cheer's,Mark

Thanks for the reply Mark.
    It's about the same info I've got from the net.
    I'll wait for the rest of the experts to take a look and see if they can ID a maker.

Cheers,
    Steven

as mark says there are 3 types of wound badge the black for 1-2 rooms silver 3-4 wounds or loss of hand,eye or deafness and gold for 5 or more wounds or totally blind/disabled or lost their manhood
    there are also 3 types when made ww1, ww2, and the 1957bundeswehr
    A lot if wound badges didn't have makers marks you will have to ask someone with a bit more knowledge

hope it helps

tom

?

Hi guys,

I love these WW1 wound badges (verwundetenabzeichen)
    Does any one know how to spot the fakes?
    I am sure there's a thread on it some where but doesn't really know how to look for it.
    Cheers,
    Pieter

?

Hi

First off very nice badge i recommend your best shot of finding a mackerel is too get a list of ww1 makers them fing out specifics I'n the design like the hinge assembly ...

Too soot fakes you must look at detaile the little balls I'n the background Mutsuhito cover the whole badge some are mackerel marked with made up makers pin desighn should be looked at but mainly detail ...

Thank you guy's for the help,
    Banksy I'll try to get a hold of a makers list for this badges.
    Is there one of the members or outside of the forum, who's a expert in these mathers, that you guy's would recommend?

Cheers,
    Steven

?

Steven,

If you like , I will take a picture of my black wound badge and compare. I think it is the same as yours .Do you want me to take a picture of the award document as well ?

Cheer's, Mark

?

Hi Tom, I did not even know about the 1957 bundeswehr wound badge until now! Cheer's

Cheer's Mark

Hey Mark,
    that would be great.
    Mine was recoverd in a athic near Geluwe, with a worn-out greman uniform vest.
    But no certificate with it. I would love to see one.

Cheers,
    Steven

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast