Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Adler's Imperial collection

Article about: by Adler Auch... nobody seems to like Landwehr Kavallerie... Adler Awesome display, Adler! The mannequins look great. Superb job on that. Really nice! Luke

I find genuine [from Australia] feather dusters to be a huge help with dust. Of course, having a fairly sealed room where one doesn't track dirt in must help?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    The best Imperial collection I have ever seen.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Many thanks for your great comments gentlemen!
    Don't worry about the dusting, it takes only a few days per year... With the right equipment of course ...

Adler

Quote by Adler View Post
    ... With the right equipment of course ...

Adler
    ??!!
    ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images Adler's Imperial collection 
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

LOL... maybe that's a little bit too much???

Adler

Yes, the power washer is a probably a bit much... I rarely vacuum, but when I do, I sure like my 60's vintage Electrolux canister with hose and attachments, best vacuum I've ever seen for cleaning around intricate things. Last year, it wasn't just dust here, but very intense smoke (large portion of the US west coast on fire), and that adds a whole new element of grime to deal with. It's the Third Reich clashing with climate change... It does worry me, if we get evacuated, I can't take this stuff and it could just burn up. It's just "stuff" but I dread seeing history erased like that... although if running out of the house I would sooner take my guitars than TR relics.

?

Thank You Alder for sharing that fantastic collection. Total enjoyment looking at it!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks gentlemen!

Adler

Adler,

I've posted this previously in a separate thread, but received no response other than "likes", so I thought I'd go directly to the source! The M. 1915 pickelhaube I've recently purchased came with this apparently original but incorrect chinstrap - do you have any idea what type helmet it belongs on? Thank you in advance,

James N.

Adler's Imperial collectionAdler's Imperial collection

?

It's a coverted chinstrap. They kept the endpieces to fit the M91 posts of the helmet and replaced the chinscales by a leather strap... This type of chinstrap is not very often encountered and they usually were used as replacement parts. In the case of your pickelhaube this was probably also a replacement because normally the M15 pickelhaube had all grey fittings...

Here's another one on a steel ersatz pickelhaube from Baden for comparison...

Adler

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast