Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

aluminium cocade to ID

Article about: Since it is not my field, I'd like a little help in ID'ing this cocade which I believe is from before WW2. Thanks

?

Default aluminium cocade to ID

Since it is not my field, I'd like a little help in ID'ing this cocade which I believe is from before WW2. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture aluminium cocade to ID   aluminium cocade to ID  

Regards

Matt

Default Re: aluminium cocade to ID

man that is one fugly piece of insignia,,,i would bet it is a copy for theatrical/film usage

?

Are you kidding right? It doesn't look a copy at all and it was found on a WW1/ww2 site together with other artifacts.
    Regards

Matt

hi Matt,,,i have never seen this piece of insignia illustrated in any book,anywhere,any time,,,how would it be affixed to anything?,,,,where are the pins,etc,?..i have also never seen a cap wreath of any type produced in a solid configuration,,,i may be wrong,,,but i cant see these produced in any fashion except being stamped construction which would be quicker and cheaper to produce...

?

Hi there, there were 2 prongs but they are gone. It is not unusual to find insignia with the reverse full, but I have no reference for insignias before the '30's. The national colours appear to be white and red on the cocade.
    Regards

Matt

Gentlemen, I believe this is an original period piece, however from what period is a mystery to me....I have searched my "Imperial" books and referencees for such a badge, but have failed to discover. I personally feel that it is not a military piece from the Imperial era, it could indeed be civilian, Police/Fire/Postal, I lean towards 1919-1923 period as to the design, a Weimar type piece, but still bearing State colours of the earlier peroid, a transitional piece ?, possibly of either "Baden" , "Waldeck-Pyrmont" or "Wurttemburg" as these states featured a colour combination featuring a "Red" inner band of colour, if the outer colour is definatly White, then the State of "Schaumburg-Lippe" white/red/black, is a good candidate ! As a footnote, the first national German cockade, the short lived "Deutsche-Kokarde" of 1848-1851, was gold/red/black as in the Wiemar and BRD eras !
    Hope this has helped and not confused the issue !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Hello Steve,
    thanks for your input! I somehow lean also to date it in the late 20's and probably you're right, it could be for some veteran or civilian association. If it could be a further hint, I feel it may be associated to the Hamburg area.
    The cocade shape and style is very familiar but I cannot ID it ...
    Regards

Matt