Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

another husaren attila

Article about: need opinions on this attila thanks john

Thumbs up another husaren attila

need opinions on this attila
    thanks
    john

another husaren attilaanother husaren attilaanother husaren attilaanother husaren attilaanother husaren attilaanother husaren attilaanother husaren attilaanother husaren attilaanother husaren attilaanother husaren attilaanother husaren attilaanother husaren attila

Default Re: another husaren attila

John...a perfectly fine original service dress of an enlisted trooper of " Thuringisches Husaren-Regt Nr 12" garrisoned at Torgua (Saxony) in Cornflower blue with white braiding/silver buttons.....the cap is piped in white. This one ticks all the right boxes, internal belt, padded interior, age related wear...IMO a good original piece !
    Prost ! Steve.

Hello,

it can also be an attila of the 19 hussar regiment (second saxon) wich was garrisonned in the town of Grimma

What makes me think such thing is the label of the tailor which mentions this town

The 19 regiment was also cornflower blue with white braiding and silver buttons

Best regards, Hervé

Quote by HERVEPARIS View Post
    Hello,

it can also be an attila of the 19 hussar regiment (second saxon) wich was garrisonned in the town of Grimma What makes me think such thing is the label of the tailor which mentions this town The 19 regiment was also cornflower blue with white braiding and silver buttons Best regards, Hervé
    Herve, a good observation ! (local knowledge !)...I have the "2 Sachsisches Husaren-Regt 'Kronprinz Wilhelm des Deutschen Reiches und von Preussen' Nr 19" as wearing a "Light Blue" Atilla not Cornflower blue (darker shade of blue).....I had an Attila in cornflower blue and it matches the shade of blue shown above (However cameras can and do distort colour) ...always a bone of contention in the German army no matter what time period, are shades of colour/waffenfarbe, they can be very close ! Is the Attila in question, light blue or the darker shade known as Cornflower blue ? note...there are
    Attila's in Russian blue and Dark blue ! confusion reigns ! The cap for the 19th is light blue/light blue with white piping.....so no further clues there....so it all up to what shade of blue you perceive. Perhaps with the tailor label information, you could well be correct Herve !
    Prost ! Steve.

This is like reading a technical science book! Cheers to you gentlemen for your knowledge! Most impressive!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    This is like reading a technical science book! Cheers to you gentlemen for your knowledge! Most impressive!

Green
    I couldn't agree more!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris