Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

anyone got another ?

Article about: Gents, got this over the weekend...an unofficial varient of the Army IX (3rd class) long service award, before 1913, this medal bar version of the pinbar brooches were never officially sanct

Default Re: anyone got another ?

Gents, got this over the weekend...an unofficial varient of the Army IX (3rd class) long service award, before 1913, this medal bar version of the pinbar brooches were never officially sanctioned, and were just privately marketed to veterans for easier wear. I now have to hunt down a "Landwehr version ! A beautiful piece in my view, and much rarer than the official brooch/clasp. These types were available in miniature and were used by all states. The first photo shows a miniature medal bar, with the Landwehr version attached and the second photo a buttonhole miniature Wurttemburg set, (I do not own these sets, I show for reference only) the remaining photos are of my "new" award.
    prost ! steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture anyone got another ?   anyone got another ?  

Attached Images Attached Images anyone got another ?  anyone got another ? 
    Last edited by oradour; 10-19-2010 at 10:33 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement anyone got another ?
    P
    Many

Gents, my latest addition to this thread...the fifteen year service clasp (Preußen Dienstauszeichnung Unteroffz) , in silver, attached to a blue ribbon with white edging, pinbacked, there is a mm but I cant seem to make it out !...all I need now is the Gold/yellow twenty one year clasp !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture anyone got another ?   anyone got another ?  

?

Steve , it`s in fabulous condition , a lovely piece
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Gents a couple more to add to my collection.....Landwehr clasp and 9 yr clasp...a scruffy pair ! but they came together from the same source in Germany.......still looking for a 21 yr clasp !
    Prost ! Steve.

Nice items, Steve! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Lol, I finally found these two - It took me long enough.........!
    ( Hey, Steve - post #14 - first photo is upside down )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture anyone got another ?  
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice Landwehr bars Steve....I am a sucker for these little beautys, theres another on its way ! Oh suger, you are right ! upside down in #14 ! this getting old is no fun at all !
    Prost ! Steve.

I know what you mean. Two weeks ago, I threw my
    back out BRUSHING MY TEETH.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Heres the latest "little beauty"... slightly different font, heavily embroidered and padded out...no pin on rear, but the edges have needle holes, so it would of been "tacked" onto either a tunic or ribbon/medal bar....as on a photograph I show, where one has been sewn directly to a blue long service ribbon, but has no metal surround.......and looks to have never had one !
    Prost ! Steve.

anyone got another ?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2