Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anyone got another ?

Article about: Gents, got this over the weekend...an unofficial varient of the Army IX (3rd class) long service award, before 1913, this medal bar version of the pinbar brooches were never officially sanct

?

Default anyone got another ?

hi all , this came from Germany today , it`s a Prussian NCO`s distinquished service class 3 clasp dated about 1860 and maker marked SY & Wagner , has anyone got anything similar or variation for comparison ?

cheers Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture anyone got another ?   anyone got another ?  

anyone got another ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement anyone got another ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: anyone got another ?

I thought about collecting them at one time but-not enough funds to collect there and WWII items unfortunately. I like them though and have given more thought to possibly getting some. Yours is a nice example.

?

Thank`s for your comment`s H.B. Do you come across much material of this era across the Atlantic ?

cheers Al

?

just got this so i thought i`d show it with the clasp , it`s a Prussian Trommelhaken or drum hanger , it`s made of heavy brass ,

cheers Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture anyone got another ?   anyone got another ?  

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    Thank`s for your comment`s H.B. Do you come across much material of this era across the Atlantic ?

cheers Al
    Hi Al, quite welcome. I see items like these on occasion-not as much as I used to see them as of about 6-7 years ago.

Judas
    ?

I had something like this once, it was a cloth version with the same Friedrich Wilhelm font, blue with gold writing..? sold it though

For the information of all who view this thread, the Good Conduct Clasp for non-commissioned officers and privates was founded at the same date, and varies in character according to the seniority of the recipient. After twenty-one years' service the clasp is yellow, and is fastened to a blue ribbon edged with yellow. After fifteen years' service it is silver, attached to a blue ribbon with white edging. After nine years' service the clasp is iron, fastened to a blue ribbon with black edge. The clasp is in all cases ornamented with the cypher of the founder, F.W.III. I have a Landwehr one which is similar, but is ornamented with the cypher of its founder F.W.IV.

Alan,
    forgot to post some of my clasps, I also forgot to mention that by 1913 these clasps were replaced with "medal" versions, which most veterans choose to buy thus replacing what some collectors call "ugly" clasps (I am not one of them !). Shown in the photograph, top to bottom, Saxon , Prussian (Landwehr varient), Wurttemburg and finally Bavarian.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture anyone got another ?  
    Last edited by oradour; 11-12-2011 at 02:19 PM.

?

Great stuff Steve , and thanks for showing them . I`m with you i think they look good
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Have a couple of the Prussian type, which I'll dig out and post.

I have not seen a 'soild' version like yours before, Al.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast