Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone have info on this wound badge?

Article about: 030.jpg Mark on reverse appears to be 800

Default Anyone have info on this wound badge?

Anyone have info on this wound badge?030.jpgAnyone have info on this wound badge?Anyone have info on this wound badge?Anyone have info on this wound badge?

Mark on reverse appears to be 800

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone have info on this wound badge?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Anyone have info on this wound badge?

Hello JM
    Imperial badges with this particular obverse design will most often be encountered with a flattish
    oval sectioned pin marked 800 for silver content. I have only seen one other screwback in this
    design & that was shown on another forum.

Regards
    Brett

Never seen anything like it! Nice one!

?

I have never seen anything like this I think the original screw is missing and the previous owner made a handmade screw but I am not sure about anything other than that
    Sean F

The detailing on this badge is terrible-there is almost no veining on the leaves,etc. The helmet on this badge looks very little like any other I've seen. The pebbling on the background is of low quality and doesn't even match the cheaper black badges. If only for these reasons alone, I would have to say that this badge is not genuine. As for the reverse hardware and the 800 marking...well...the above reasons by themselves are enough for me to call this badge bad.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for your time and info, much appreciated!

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The detailing on this badge is terrible-there is almost no veining on the leaves,etc. The helmet on this badge looks very little like any other I've seen. The pebbling on the background is of low quality and doesn't even match the cheaper black badges. If only for these reasons alone, I would have to say that this badge is not genuine. As for the reverse hardware and the 800 marking...well...the above reasons by themselves are enough for me to call this badge bad.
    I concur with William...a reproduction, and not a good one at that ! when assessing wound badges, it is imperative that in particular the pebbling is scrutinised...they should be sharp/crisp and uniform in appearance.
    Prost ! Steve.