Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Archive documents

Article about: Hello, This document pertain to a Hermann Sturmer. Part of a grouping I have and I would like to know what this document are and what it is saying. I dont need word for word just the gist of

Thumbs up Archive documents

Hello, This document pertain to a Hermann Sturmer. Part of a grouping I have and I would like to know what this document are and what it is saying. I dont need word for word just the gist of it. Thanks for any help
    John

Archive documents

Hi Jon,

From what I can understand a bit if the German language but it's just a quick scan over. It seems to be an census for each household. It states where he lives, single. Date of birth, occupation etc what language he speaks. He comes from kargow in Mecklenburg.

Sorry I cannot be exact.

Hi, its a "counting card" for the counting of the German population on 01.12.1900 during the German Reich. The government distributed cards like that to the people of the Reich to count them and make statistics. This is a counting card of Hermann Stürmer, card no. 5, counting location is Kargow. Also his date of birth, job, religion, etc. This counting card is "Muster B" (right above). On "Muster A" is a instruction, how to fill the counting card. Regards