Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Auction Pickelbaube

Article about: by helmetone It's slowly going out of my price range and there is a 23% premium on top, which I despise. It may become someone else's The dreaded buyer's premium...

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    It's slowly going out of my price range and there is a 23% premium on top, which I despise. It may become someone else's
    The dreaded buyer's premium...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Auction Pickelbaube
    P
    Many

?

One reason for the higher price is of course, is that it is Saxon, a hard to find helmet. The other reason is that it is an officer's helmet. Custom made, not an other ranks' standard issue. and, finally, the storage case, an officer's only item and often lost over time.

It's at $425 + 23%, so basically $525. Dont worry, I wont be giving up to the minute bid progress, just saying where it is now with a week to go.

I believe that it not an actual Officer, per se, but rather an Officer Candidate or even a 1 Year Volunteer. The spike base has no pearl and diamond to it, but the rest of it definitely looks to be Officer, so consider it appropriately.It is, almost certainly, an "Eigentums-helm" or private purchase. It's still, easily, double the $525 and Then some. The case,alone, is worth considerable money.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

William, if only I wasnt in the market for other items. When it rains it pours.

It never fails. You hunt for years for something, and all of a sudden a Bunch of stuff shows up all at once-all equally desirable! So then you have to reckon out a decision-which will I Ever see again? Usually, in my case, I inevitably make the Wrong choice...lol The one I Didn't choose is Always the one that virtually vanishes forever from the scene...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Too true, William. And I have an auction to go to Friday with several helmets and limited cash, and then the MAX....my lord, what am I gonna do. lol

?

Todd, really that is a reasonable price at the moment, especially with the case, I would expect it to reach a good deal more by auction end, over here the prices would stagger you for haubs, especially in good condition and with a case nearly £800_1000, and that could be a conservative price depending on rarity

Thanks Dave. I'll keep an eye on it and see where it goes. Even a great deal can be too high of a deal when money is limited.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I believe that it not an actual Officer, per se, but rather an Officer Candidate or even a 1 Year Volunteer. The spike base has no pearl and diamond to it, but the rest of it definitely looks to be Officer, so consider it appropriately.It is, almost certainly, an "Eigentums-helm" or private purchase. It's still, easily, double the $525 and Then some. The case,alone, is worth considerable money.

Good reply and information Wagriff, thank you, I am far from an expert on the pickelhaub. When I said it was an officers piece, I was going by the long spike and the chinstrap and the overall quality of the item as well. Never considered the possibility of it being for an Officer Candidate.

I do agree on the higher price, $1,000 would be a low price if I am not mistaken. I think it will be much higher but .....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast