Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Austrian Sturmtruppe Badge...

Article about: Hello Friends, I wasn't planning on spending any money today, but then I saw this interesting piece and had to have it, a 1930 Cap Insignia of the Sturmbattalion/Assault Battalion in Stocker

Default Austrian Sturmtruppe Badge...

Hello Friends,
    I wasn't planning on spending any money today, but then I saw this interesting piece and had to have it, a 1930 Cap Insignia of the Sturmbattalion/Assault Battalion in Stockerau, Austria...Any original Sturmtruppen-Badge is scarce, and this one's a Keeper...I've got a few more early Austrian Paramilitary Items in my sights as well- I'm seeing good stuff out there at great prices...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian Sturmtruppe Badge...   Austrian Sturmtruppe Badge...  

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 02-10-2016 at 07:23 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian Sturmtruppe Badge...
    P
    Many

Here's another one that I'm interested in- Markings indicate manufacture in Krakow...Your opinions are appreciated...
    Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian Sturmtruppe Badge...   Austrian Sturmtruppe Badge...  

Austrian Sturmtruppe Badge...  

Stamped Shell-Brass example which came in 3 different sizes, this one is the Medium-sized Version...-Cannot be bent!- with Simple Pin Set-Up, Semi-Hollow Die-Struck Badge - so often faked, usually with a screwback and Rzms...Notice again the crossed Grenades - Often associated with Sturmtruppen, hence my interest in the Badge shown previously...
    Hope I'm not boring you, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 04-01-2016 at 04:31 PM.

interesting badges Glenn.

?

Hi Glen

For the first two badges i can,t make an opinion because i dont recognize them.
    The sturmtruppe ...is not good, a very bad copy i think.

Sašo

Quote by lokvar View Post
    Hi Glen

For the first two badges i can,t make an opinion because i dont recognize them.
    The sturmtruppe ...is not good, a very bad copy i think.

Sašo
    Thanks for your input, these badges were never well-made to begin with, often produced at unit level hence the use of shell-brass in this example...They're very interesting to study, and the learning continues, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Hmm...so you think that your badge is a good one made by soldiers like trench art?

I actually saw an old wartime advertisement for them...trying to locate it...it's an Austrian Badge, not German btw...also available in Zink, and in a larger version...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian Sturmtruppe Badge...  

Here it is...1917 Ulbrichts Sales Catalog
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian Sturmtruppe Badge...  

Here's one in wear...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast