Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Austro Deutsch pix & postcards

Article about: Thought I might start my time here by sharing a few images with you guys I hope they are of interest to you, I have quite a few more that i will post shortly.. I look forward to your comment

Default Austro Deutsch pix & postcards

Thought I might start my time here by sharing a few images with you guys I hope they are of interest to you, I have quite a few more that i will post shortly..
    I look forward to your comments and to getting to know a few of you who are interested in this kind of stuff...
    Kris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro Deutsch pix & postcards   Austro Deutsch pix & postcards  

Austro Deutsch pix & postcards   Austro Deutsch pix & postcards  

Austro Deutsch pix & postcards  

Default Re: Austro Deutsch pix & postcards

Kris, welcome to the forum !....they are nice images, a combination of photographs and postcards ?..I especially like the first, the Bavarian NCO. What is 'Gansekreig' ?....

Gansekrieg! = Goosewar! Have no idea what this is meant to mean.
    Maybe someone will be able to shed some light on this. Some kind of period joke?
    Here are a few more images for you to have a look at this time a few formal group shots.
    Any ideas on the nationalities regiments etc?
    All info greatly received.
    Kris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro Deutsch pix & postcards   Austro Deutsch pix & postcards  

Hello, these are great photos, thanks for showing then to us, i sometimes overlook photos in the never ending search for more medals.....

Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.
    Otto von Bismarck

Kris, the first two photos are KuK (Austro-Hungarian) soldiers, the second lot are German.

Hi, I really like KuK postcards. I think that KuK items are very underated & you can get some very nice items for little money when compared to German, Cheers, Richard.

Thanks for the Info so far guys it's much appreciated. This earlier stuff is all a bit new to me I have more of an idea about the Dritte Reich era.
    This stuff has all come to me from my father in law in Austria it's just a pity i only stumbled across this forum on my last day in Austria last week. I only had about 15 minutes to get a few items together to fit my hand luggage, He has so many similar items and also a lot of documents from the same period for awards decorations promotions etc.. a few of them are signed by Kaiser Franz Josef.
    He is a bit of a hoarder and flea market dealer and just has a huge amount of very interesting stuff. A lot of medals, iron crosses and many Austrian decorations.
    I'll see what else he could send me so I can share it with you here on this very Interesting forum.
    K u K Stands for what exactly ?
    Here is an original period photograph, obviously from Austria as it has Tirol written on to it possibly the defense of Tirol would that be correct.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro Deutsch pix & postcards  

Hi, KuK stands for "Kaiserliches Und Konigliches" meaning "Imperial And Royal". It stems from the Duel Monarchy of Austro-Hungary. Here's some Tirol items from my collection, Cheers, Richard.

Kris, a good website for information about the Austro-Hungarian Army is http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/ as DUJAILAH has mentioned, the KuK has always been played down, in favour of its partner in the Central powers, Imperial Germany, and as such, information until late has been sparce for the collector and historian alike. It would be super if you can obtain as many items from your father-in-law as you can, and show them here on this forum !
    Hope this helps, Steve...... p.s. nice items, Richard.

Thank you Dujailah I thought it might be something like that.
    I've seen quite a few of the first medal that you posted at the in laws house also similar shaped ones with the kaisers portrait and also similar ribbon shape in a lot of different colours which i think are all Austrian of the same period.(any links to a medal list so i could i.d them?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast