Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bavarian Pickelhaube / spiked helmet: What do you think about please?

Article about: Dear all, May I show you this Bavarian spiked helmet? What do you think about? Military? Civil? The chin strap with this kind of rosettes and lion heads looks more adequate for fire brigade?

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your kind and sympathetic comments!

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bavarian Pickelhaube / spiked helmet: What do you think about please?
    P
    Many

Quote by aicusv View Post
    That's what started me, my Dad bought me a artillery helmet for my Birthday.
    Attachment 1152944
    This looks beautiful !! Your Dad had good taste

Oddly enough, I have been seeing similar attributed to Police with different straps and the lion mounts. Not to cast any aspersions on the fine help and correct leads here, I think the Pickelhaubes.com has some niche collectors with the oddd variants who can verify if I am on track. I had some cockades nobody could help with and a few guys came forward quickly there with evidence and ID's for me.

I found the Pickelhaubes.com guys to be very helpful when I bought my haube.
    But like most sites, a new member posting a "what is it and what's it worth" questions
    don't get a lot of traction.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I found the Pickelhaubes.com guys to be very helpful when I bought my haube.
    But like most sites, a new member posting a "what is it and what's it worth" questions
    don't get a lot of traction.
    I think ones introduction is very crucial when you are a new member asking advice/opinions. Some "first posters" here asking for opinions come off so meek & humble & appreciative, it's actually pleasurable helping them the best I can. Even if I get a "vibe" we will never hear from them again, if the introduction is sincere & friendly, it is quite rewarding to help

Quote by real steel View Post
    I think ones introduction is very crucial when you are a new member asking advice/opinions. Some "first posters" here asking for opinions come off so meek & humble & appreciative, it's actually pleasurable helping them the best I can. Even if I get a "vibe" we will never hear from them again, if the introduction is sincere & friendly, it is quite rewarding to help

Agreed--I am generally humble and appreciative. These forums are different than the more than average facebook approach of "evaluate and give me a price so I can ask twice the suggested value on eBay. NOW. " Here we mostly ask to learn, and grow with the collection. Gentlemen, you are both right that the approach can be met with little response, but there is always someone generous with time and knowledge who pops out of the woodwork.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2