Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Berlin made field binos

Article about: Iv just ordered a pair of ww1 Berlin made field binoculars.They are marked to CP Coerz Berlin,fernglas 08.can anyone tell me is this a known maker among collectors ,and they are decribed as

Default Berlin made field binos

Iv just ordered a pair of ww1 Berlin made field binoculars.They are marked to CP Coerz Berlin,fernglas 08.can anyone tell me is this a known maker among collectors ,and they are decribed as being used by a machine gun team in ww1.Is the 08 the year of manufacture?,lvThankyou.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Berlin made field binos
    P
    Many

Default Re: Berlin made field binos

LAS VEGAS, the Goerz Company "Optische Anstaldt C.P.Goerz" founded 1886 in Berlin and was an important maker of optical instruments, cameras and telescopes. Goerz was the sole supplier of binoculars for the entire Prussin infantry between 1903 and 1908, 23,000 pairs of 03 model binoculars being delivered. in 1908 Goerz began to make the "Goerz-Prismenglaser" based on a Zeiss design, these were introduced in 1908 as Dienstglas 08 (service binoculars) this new model was designated "Fernglas 08".issued to all group leaders (Gruppenfuhrer, nothing to do with later SS rank !) usually an NCO. Are yours coming in a case ?....they were just not issued to MG units, they were often marked Regimentaly on the bridge, so they can only be attributed to an MG company if so marked.
    Prost ! Steve.

Orador brilliant reply you answered my questions ,and more.Im even more interested to get them through the post.I will post every mark they have on them when i get them .Unfortunately they dont have the case with them,best wishes James lv.

Orador informed they here posted on the 13th sept ,and they should be with me soon ,lv

The binos came ,and have the standard marks as we have discussed.There is plenty of field grey paint left ,and overall they are in nice condition.They can be seen at milisales.com in the ww1 german section,las vegas