Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brooch that resembles a naval wound badge?

Article about: Posting for an older collector curios to know what this item is. I suggested it looked like an imperial german wounds badge. It may not be related in the slightest. I said i would ask here o

?

Default Brooch that resembles a naval wound badge?

Posting for an older collector curios to know what this item is. I suggested it looked like an imperial german wounds badge. It may not be related in the slightest. I said i would ask here on the forum tho. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks Rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brooch that resembles a naval wound badge?   Brooch that resembles a naval wound badge?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brooch that resembles a naval wound badge?
    P
    Many

I can't ID it offhand, but it really has no resemblance to the Navy Wound Badge at all.

?

Looks like a petty officer insignia.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks gents, the collector seemed to think it was ww1 imperial and my first thought was a wounds badge with the anchor. My field is medals. He seems to think it may be something given to symbolize a fallen soldier such as the british death penny. It may not even be military. I said id try and find out anyway so just on the off chance someone more experienced recognised. Thanks for your time.

Rory

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I can't ID it offhand, but it really has no resemblance to the Navy Wound Badge at all.
    Me neither but the Imperial Naval Wound badge looks like this;

Brooch that resembles a naval wound badge?Brooch that resembles a naval wound badge?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

hello your badge is around 1900, "Association of the German Navy" probably member

Rory: Kekel is probably very close to right about it being a members badge for the German Navy League (Deutscher Flotten Verein) It could also be for membership in the German Sea League (Deutscher See Verein). Both badges are similar in design and layout to yours that lacks the life-ring seal in the center, as shown in the accompanying photos. The one you have might be generic to both organizations, which were very closely related, and represent an associate member or someone who supports both organization through donations. Or it could be a generic yachtsman's badge. Dwight

Brooch that resembles a naval wound badge? Brooch that resembles a naval wound badge?