Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Butcher blade Bayonet help

Article about: Hi everyone I am thinking about getting a butcher blade bayonet I have found 3 for sale and would like to hear opinions on them. If you have one for sale feel free to contact me. Number 1. P

Default Butcher blade Bayonet help

Hi everyone I am thinking about getting a butcher blade bayonet I have found 3 for sale and would like to hear opinions on them. If you have one for sale feel free to contact me.

Number 1. Price 90usd condition average some spotting on the blade and minor rust no scabbard maker Stahlblume R (picture of a angel) K. Schulte & Co Gevelsberg

Number 2. Price 125usd ersatz style metal scabbard rusty with a few dents maker of the bayonet is waffenfabrik mauser and it's hard to read the last word to due rust the blade has a fair amount of rust.

Number 3. Price 150usd scabbard has minor rust with no dents the bayonet is unmarked in very nice shape.

Pictures may be added soon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Butcher blade Bayonet help
    P
    Many

Buy the won that speaks to you.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Greetings CSM Gray,

Yes as you have alluded, I would suggest posting pictures as one man's dent is another man's severely disfigured bend. That said, the unmarked one sounds the least interesting (at least to me). So it would be a choice between the first two. Based on rarity between the manufacturers you have listed, Stahlblume (probably dated 1916) is the rarer manufacturer between the two you have mentioned. The Ersatz scabbard does add value to the Waffenfabrik Mauser's variant, but the original scabbard paired with this particular manufacturer’s bayo would have been Waffenfabrik Mauser marked too (the only manufacturer to have done so). Spare scabbards for these bayos come up quite often on the 'bay, so sight unseen…I’d recommend Bayonet number one on your list of choices.

Regards,

Lance

Try bunkermilitaria.com he has a few for sale and everything is 15% off right now. I would get a nice complete one.

here is number 2

Number 1

number 3

?

Correct leather scabbards are a big bonus.

GERMAN 98/05 VARIATIONS
    Regards,
    John

Honestly, I'd pass on all three. There are plenty of these bayonets available in far better condition and no point in getting one with condition issues unless you just gotta have one now. Save your money now and spend a little more for a better conditioned one later. Of course if you like "salty, been there items that tell a story" have at it.

Regards,

Lance

Thanks guys I have my eyes on a complete one I am going to try to get.