Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Button hole Eisernes Kreuz & Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs - opinions?

Article about: Hi all, I've got a chance to purchase these, but know next to nothing about them. They look good to me based on what I looked up, but if anyone has any opinions, that would be greatly apprec

Question Button hole Eisernes Kreuz & Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs - opinions?

Hi all,

I've got a chance to purchase these, but know next to nothing about them. They look good to me based on what I looked up, but if anyone has any opinions, that would be greatly appreciated

Any idea of how much these should sell for? The seller is looking for around 70 euro, for the pair, which seems a little high to me?

Thanks for any help

Button hole Eisernes Kreuz & Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs - opinions?Button hole Eisernes Kreuz & Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs - opinions?Button hole Eisernes Kreuz & Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs - opinions?Button hole Eisernes Kreuz & Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs - opinions?Button hole Eisernes Kreuz & Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs - opinions?Button hole Eisernes Kreuz & Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs - opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Button hole Eisernes Kreuz & Ehrenkreuz des Weltkriegs - opinions?
    P
    Many

I see nothing wrong with them.

Personally, I think 70 Euros is a bit pricey considering that both pieces are miniatures of very common decorations and not in perfect condition, either.

On the other hand, pieces by Godet (a famous manufacturer/retailer) are always a bit more expensive than "no name" ones.

By the way, the 1914/18 Honor Cross was instituted in 1934, so this should really be in the Third Reich section.

They are nice. But the price seems high to me too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks very much! I do like them, so will see what I can do about the price

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I see nothing wrong with them.

Personally, I think 70 Euros is a bit pricey considering that both pieces are miniatures of very common decorations and not in perfect condition, either.

On the other hand, pieces by Godet (a famous manufacturer/retailer) are always a bit more expensive than "no name" ones.

By the way, the 1914/18 Honor Cross was instituted in 1934, so this should really be in the Third Reich section.
    Nothing more to say really. I hope you get that price down.

70 Euro might be high over there but finding these here in the states
    for that price would be a pretty fair deal.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Absoutely stunning Godet buttonhole. If you buy this two for 70 €, I will give you 70 € only for that Godet mini. Seriously.

Pricing the minis is about personal preferences, don´t rally on what others say. It´s not like EK2 1939, where everybody knows the price from common type to ubergrosse little brother.

Secondly, the pricing is not influenced by quantity of award itself - but by quantity of minis made from it. Hindenburg crosses are common awards, as well as minis, but this type (single, pendant) with Godet button - and noncombatant version on top - is quite rare to see. For me, this is premiere.

Very similarly, I have Godet button rosette of Centenary medal. Although Centenar medal is like epidemy, Godet rosette with Centenar mini is absolutely rare. So i paid 66 euro for it, and it was not dealer´s offer, but ebay fight. For these money, you can have pockets full of Centenary medals - but not the Godet rosette.

Thanks for that Miro. Minis are very hard to value, but like anything, it's what you're willing to pay for it.

Right now I am slowly building up a collection, so not selling anything, but if I do, I will let you know, same if I come across any more I general, I prefer combatant versions so I will see how this fits into my collection.