Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

C.E Juncker World War War I German Pilots Badge - Robert Tuxen engraved

Article about: Hi folks. New to this forum so please be nice. I have managed to acquire a German WWI Pilots Badge through a joblot of misc items I purchased on eBay recently. It has been made by C.E. Junke

Default Re: C.E Juncker World War War I German Pilots Badge - Robert Tuxen engraved

Thanks guys,

I have pm'ed Ferg1 and I await his feedback.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement C.E Juncker World War War I German Pilots Badge - Robert Tuxen engraved
    P
    Many

Default Re: C.E Juncker World War War I German Pilots Badge - Robert Tuxen engraved

Meantime, here's an interesting linky. Personally the footprint shaped casting flaw is a mahoosive red flag for me and the dedication too good to be true, once again over egging the pudding. Then again, if they can get 12,000+ by doing it, they will....

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/aviat...-badges-15686/

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I am curious what Ferg thinks about this one. I kind of like it.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

C.E Juncker World War War I German Pilots Badge - Robert Tuxen engraved An immediate first impression is that the engraving looks far too fresh and is crude in appearance. A badge that is nearly 100 years old should not have such a look to it. Conversely, the detailing of the obverse design looks much too indistinct and soft. Sorry, but with the huge amount of fakes that have been made of the WWI Pilot badges, I would have to pass on this one for, at the very least, the 2 above reasons alone.
    Looking closer, this badge seems to have quite a few differences that I can tell. The road in the design seemed to be flawed by the right hill and the trees there are also missing. The cut out sections of the crown are only very superficially done and are not complete, and the pin hinge looks different from known examples from veterans. The right building looks to have too many rows of windows,also, but this may be a trick of the light.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 07-11-2012 at 08:20 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This is a modern copy have nothing common with an original Juncker piece.

Sorry.

Regards

Alex
    Last edited by jaba1914; 07-11-2012 at 07:58 PM.

I would respect Alex's opinion.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Adrian. I'm sure Fergus has the same oppinion. A simmilar observer badge was presented on another forum.

This badge looks not hollow plated like Juncker badges.

Regard

Alex

This is why I don't collect aviation badges.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2