Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cammo m1918 stahlhelm help

Article about: hi guys i was after an opinion on this camo m1918 is it the real deal or played with thanks in advance james

Default cammo m1918 stahlhelm help

hi guys i was after an opinion on this camo m1918 is it the real deal or played with thanks in advance james cammo m1918 stahlhelm helpcammo m1918 stahlhelm helpcammo m1918 stahlhelm helpcammo m1918 stahlhelm helpcammo m1918 stahlhelm help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement cammo m1918 stahlhelm help
    P
    Many

Default Re: cammo m1918 stahlhelm help

Have to admit james it looks the part!!!!!I luv the way your direction changes all the time mate,relics then camo lids with liners,i think a mannequin is next in-line,you agree regards Dave.

hi dave its not mine, its at auction but probably out of my price range anyway but just wanted opinions on originallity the liner pins look replacement and not sure on the liner thanks for your input mate cheers james

?

Hello James
    I may be totally wrong, but do I detect rust pitting under the paint?

Regards
    Brett

Hi Gents,
    I have also seen this helmet on auction - IMO I don't think the camo is original, it seems to be a semi relic shell that has been painted and aged. The camo paint is in the pitted areas and damaged parts of the helmet meaning it was applied after this occured, the rear skirt edge is also eroded and seems to have paint on it. Not keen on the liner either, looks like an aged repro M18 liner, cheers, Chris.

thanks for your opinions guys ,i guess its hard to tell from the provided pics but i do agree the missing rusted areas do look to have paint remenants on them the hole in the crown highlights this the most as if painted at a later date

To me, anyway, it's a quick call. The deeper rust pits on the top look like they have been painted over. As the others said above, I think this is a repainted relic.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    To me, anyway, it's a quick call. The deeper rust pits on the top look like they have been painted over. As the others said above, I think this is a repainted relic.
    I agree--the rust has been painted over.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I agree--the rust has been painted over.
    I also agree, paint job faked to enhance value...sadly destroying its originality !
    Prost ! Steve.

Maybe I,m wrong but that mustache definitely looks fake.

Martin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast