Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Camo M16 Opinions

Article about: Hi All. It's been a while, I hope everyone is doing well. I seem to have been bit by the WW1 bug recently and have been really interested in buying one of these camos. I don't know enough ab

?

Default Camo M16 Opinions

Hi All. It's been a while, I hope everyone is doing well.

I seem to have been bit by the WW1 bug recently and have been really interested in buying one of these camos. I don't know enough about these to judge one myself yet.

To me this one looks all good and completely unmessed with, but i would like to hear your opinions.

Thanks for the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo M16 Opinions   Camo M16 Opinions  

Camo M16 Opinions   Camo M16 Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo M16 Opinions
    P
    Many

I am not a expert at all with these but it looks good to me.
    The split pins look original and I like the wear to the paint around the rivets
    and vent lugs.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thanks for the help, Chopperman. I think i might go for it. I really enjoy the pattern and patina of this one.

Hi Alex,

I collect these too and think this one looks very convincing. As you said, the patina is good and everything looks as it should for a 100+ year old helmet. It’s even named I see. I actually looked at it a while back but I’m currently looking for one with more Ochre colours. It’s a little disappointing that the photos aren’t hi res so that we can see the paint a bit more clearly but it looks fine from here.

Can’t remember if this dealer offers an inspection period?? But when you get it it I’d love to see some outdoor photos! It looks like a nice one.

Andy

?

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the comment. The sellers return policy is kinda odd, only allowing return if proved to be fake by another dealer, I believe

And yes it is named as well, Cant really decipher it though

Hi Alex,

That policy is a bit strange as you should really stand by your product as the dealer. Most of the top dealers offer an inspection period and money back guarantee if the item cannot be proven to be period. The comment in the description that the black separation lines were done with a finger is interesting too. The directive was for the black lines to be a finger width wide so this may be how the description got a bit mixed up.

I still like it though and if it did turn out bad I know of some dealers who will verify for you.

The names were sometimes written in pencil and rubbed off.

Andy

MAP
    ?

There should be a "satisfaction/inspection" Gty. Not a "prove it Gty".

I would walk on that principal alone. You can NEVER really tell until you have something in hand.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, I agree, it looks ok, but I would not trust a seller who states "prove it's fake" for a refund!! Who's the dealer who's opinion he would respect? I suspect nobody!! Leon.

Here it is

Authenticity / Returns:

I William Perez (Founder of BSR Militaria) am happy to offer a 30 day return policy for all of our items, unless stated otherwise. This return policy has been created for the unlikely event of a reproduction item being sold as authentic. This return policy is limited to only items sold as authentic, and proven to be a reproduction. This proof requires at least one written testimonial from a mutually agreed dealer. This return policy is subject to change at anytime.

A large effort is put forth in order to authenticate each and every piece we sell. Of course with a growing market of fakes, it is very possible and common for long-time dealers to unknowingly sell reproductions. For this reason if an authentic item is sold, and proved to be reproduction, we are happy and willing to issue a refund. Furthermore, if an item is returned, the original shipping cost is not refundable. Similarly we do also require that the returned item is shipped at your costs back to our warehouse.

If an item has been altered since the sale end (Damaged, disassembled, repainted etc. ), this return policy may be canceled at our discretion.

Items sold through consignment are not protected under our return policy we hold here at BSR Militaria. We do however offer a 30 day inspection period once the item has been received by the buyer. After this 30 day period is up, returns are not accepted.

Items sold through external parties through BSR Militaria are not protected under the 30 day return policy we hold here at BSR Militaria. Please contact the seller directly to see their return policy.

MAP
    ?

Hmmm....so let's take a entirely plausible hypothetical situation.

You buy a helmet with a swapped out but original liner only noticeable by an in hand inspection.....that technically wouldn't be a "reproduction" because all parts are "original". Wonder if that is covered.

I see why a well laid out return/Gty policy is needed but this one is "stacked" in favor of the house.....

I've seen this dealers items pop up from time to time but don't remember if his reputation is good or bad. Maybe others know him well and this policy is more bark than bite...

Alex: If you are really interested in the helmet. You could always ask for a 5 or 10 day in hand inspection based on your satisfaction and not bound by the written policy. (of course you will need to get this in writing and preferable pay by PayPal).

Any dealer worth their salt knows that there are just as many more real seasoned collectors with more knowledge and expertise than the majority of dealers.
    Last edited by MAP; 01-20-2020 at 11:43 PM. Reason: clarification
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast