Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Camo M16 Opinions

Article about: Hi All. It's been a while, I hope everyone is doing well. I seem to have been bit by the WW1 bug recently and have been really interested in buying one of these camos. I don't know enough ab

?

Thanks for the help guys,

It is a shame that his return policy is not very good. I guess it would be wise to wait for one to come on another more reputable dealers site, So i can have some in hand time before completely parting with my money.

Alex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo M16 Opinions
    P
    Many

to me it means that you need to clarify the returns if needed? with the people involved before buying!

TWS
    ?

"This proof requires at least one written testimonial from a mutually agreed dealer."

That line right there is very problematic. First off, the "mutually agreed" part. What if the seller rejects the input because they don't like the other dealer you showed it to? (And what exactly constitutes a "dealer"?)
    Secondly the written testimonial part: A lot of dealers are willing to give you advice on the down low, but requiring they put it in writing then puts them in a head to head dispute with the seller. A lot of dealers don't want to get sucked into drama like that. What's in it for them? Nothing. Just animosity and aggravation.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I like the liner.. Looks crusty and original. Like the others said, patina looks fine and has an expected amount of age. I'd grab it if I had any cash left! Looks good to me.

I still think it looks good and see no red flags as such but what annoys me a bit is when dealers don’t bother to provide clear hi res images of their items especially as they are asking the buyer to hand over hard earned cash. Good clear, hi res and closeup images are integral to making an informed decision especially when studying paint and wear on helmets.

Having better photos would definitely help in making the decision to purchase quicker and easier.

Andy

?

Update: I asked the seller for some close up high res photos of the paintwork and he just sent me the same photos from the site. I explained in more detail the kind of photos i wanted but nothing but radio silence now. I also asked him to clarify his return policy and it is indeed prove it fake for your money back.

Thanks for the help guys i'm just going to pass on it

MAP
    ?

BSR is a member here. You could always ask him to check out this thread. He might better understand the concerns you have and a deal / compromise could be worked out. Or maybe he could post some photos directly to this thread.

As I noted, I don't know him, or his reputation and don't want to sully anyone's reputation, but as I said earlier, only with an in hand inspection will you really know. It might be a really good helmet.

I've been looking through old threads and I didn't find anything negative.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as negative towards him. I'm sure he is a fine guy, i just wanted to update everyone on the return policy. But I will be passing on it so i don't need any extra photos now

MAP
    ?

Quote by Alex5k View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as negative towards him. I'm sure he is a fine guy, i just wanted to update everyone on the return policy. But I will be passing on it so i don't need any extra photos now
    LoL...that's not what I meant. I don't think you were negative at all. The focus has really been about the policy.

I was just saying as since he is a member here, he can read through and see what the concerns are and either provide more info on this thread or provide you with an inspection. If you are so inclined to pursue the helmet. It looks like it stands a good chance at being fine.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Yep. I pointed out something about the policy that I thought could be problematic and not about the seller. I met BSR at the MAX show and chatted with him at his table. He seemed like a nice young man. The next day he came by our tables because he wanted input on a Heer tunic that he was looking at and someone had referred him to me. I gave him my analysis and we chatted briefly again. Again, I got the impression that he is a good egg.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast